jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kelvin Wong ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Kelvin Wong

Twitter: You can add me on Facebook or LinkedIn (Hong Kong problems, LOL).

Major: Finance

Year in School: Senior

Relationship Status: Taken

Hometown: Hong Kong

Campus Activities: Nourish International, Financial director

Off-Campus Activities: I usually watch Bloomberg. JK, find me at The CAVE.

Do you have any hidden talents? I can play the piano, does that count?

Ideal first date: I am kind of old-fashioned… I would like to have a nice and proper dinner with the girl at a really nice restaurant, with dim lighting and a live band playing classical music. Of course, the night doesn’t end there. I’d definitely take her to enjoy a bottle of wine or champagne as we embrace the harbor breeze.

Tell me about your most embarrassing moment: I went back to my dorm with only my underwear after I jumped into the Chi Omega fountain.

If you could transport yourself to any place in the world at this given moment, where would you go and why? Norway, women there are super attractive!

Favorite quote: If you are enjoying the past still, you are not doing well at present.

What is one thing a women does that just makes you melt? Buys me a bag of gummy bears.

What do you think is the best part of being in a relationship? I know it is kind of lame, but what is better than being in love?

What is something you wish more girls would do? Wear heels and dresses every day. There’s nothing wrong with looking attractive every single day. Girls, the term “overdressed” does not exist.

Three words you would use to describe yourself? Ambitious, confident, playful

Turn Ons: A girl who can talk back. I LOVE a challenge. Of course, a firm booty will always be a plus. Remember, FIRM.

Turn Offs: DIRTY, I can’t stand dirty people.

If you could trade places with one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Hugh Hefner

Guilty pleasure: Filling my water cup at Jimmy John’s with lemonade. I live life on the edge.

What’s your pet peeve?  People who don’t wash their hands after eating pizza or going to the bathroom.

How do you REALLY feel about UGG boots? Wear it with spandex .

Why did you choose KU?  KU girls are hot I guess?

How different is your life here in the Lawrence than in Hong Kong? Do you prefer one city over the other and why? It is a small town style. You can’t really do anything crazy and spontaneous here. However, it definitely is a perfect place to focus on school. I still prefer Hong Kong. You can literally do or have anything as long as …you have money. I like the quick pace back home as well.

Dream job: Entrepreneur, investment banker

Favorite music artist? Hardwell, Steve Aoki, Daft Punk.

What’s the best advice you’ve been given and who gave it to you? “Do what you got to do.”  It was from a really intelligent friend in pharmacy school.

What are the first three things you notice about a girl? Manner and intelligence, eyes , butt/boobs

Celebrity Crush: Kelly Brook

What did your last girlfriend do to initially catch your attention? She gave me a back massage, but shhhhhhh.

Three things on your bucket list before graduation: GO TO DOLLAR NIGHT AT THE HAWK. Find a job and…find a job. 

What’s your go-to drink when you get to the bar? Gin & tonic

Post-graduate plans? Get money and build up my kingdom.

Why do you think you’re a catch? I can make the girl smile every day, and she’ll be excessively romanced. She won’t have to worry about anything. I will take care of it.