Jacklynn Endsley ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Jacklynn Endsley

Twitter: @heyjacklynn

Major: Communication Studies

Year in School: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Las Vegas, Nev.

Campus Activities: Promotions Staff for KJHK, worked backstage for KU Theatre the past three years as well!

Activities Outside of Campus:  Work, internship with Mother Earth News. I’m their social media intern. Other than that I like to hang out with friends in my off time.

Favorite Quote: “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”

Turn-ons: A good singing voice is a big one! Someone who makes romantic gestures, who has pretty eyes, and is family-oriented. They have to have a good sense of humor and be able to put up with my weird taste in TV shows and movies.

Turn-offs: Just being a jerk! Don’t be mean, it’s not attractive. Someone who plays video games ALL the time, and gets black out drunk ALL the time; everything in moderation is key. Juiceheads aren’t necessarily my type.

Dream city to live in: Los Angeles, Calif. I love the West Coast, that’s where I plan on moving if the opportunity arises.

Favorite TV Show: Torchwood, it’s a British TV show, a spinoff of Doctor Who.

Favorite adult beverage: Hard cider. Always.

Favorite clothing piece on a man: Nice fitted jeans and a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

What are your summer plans? Since I’m graduating, I’m looking for jobs right now, so hopefully working or getting an internship! Spending time with my sister is something else I’m really looking forward to.

Celebrity Crush: Benedict Cumberbatch from BBC’s Sherlock and he also played Khan from Star Trek: Into Darkness.

What would we find you doing on a typical day on campus? I’m actually not on campus that much this semester because I managed to only have to take one class my last semester, so if you find me on campus, I’m probably walking into that one class!

Who has been the most influential person in your life and why: Both of my parents, just because they’ve always been so supportive in whatever path I take in life, whether that means becoming an actress or just having a “normal” job. Their unconditional support and openness has allowed me to find who I am and what I want to with much more ease.

What is one thing you couldn’t go without for a day? I couldn’t go without my laptop for a day, I use it for everything.

What motivates you? Knowing that one day it’ll all be worth it, and I’ll have everything that I’ve ever wanted to have. It just takes a little time to get there.

Dream job vs. real job: Dream job would be an actress in a TV show, but in reality, I’ll probably be doing something in public relations or social media.

One piece of advice you have for college women, share your wisdom with us! Make sure you find that one friend you know will always be there, the one you can go to for problems, advice on guys etc.; It’s so crucial to have him/her to get you through college.

What is one thing people would never guess about you? I am really into creative writing, and I write a lot.

Favorite music artist: Fall Out Boy

Favorite food: Mexican Food

One thing you’ll miss about Lawrence and college the most: All my friends, and just the college feel. College has been an amazing experience, KU was always my dream school to come to and it’s definitely lived up to my expectations.

Favorite store: Ross, it’s where I buy all my clothes, and I get a killer discount because I work there.

What has been the best experience of your college career thus far? Studying abroad in London last spring break, just being in London and exploring all the historical sites you see in movies and actually being able to see it was amazing.

What’s your guilty pleasure? The TV show Degrassi, I just can’t stop watching!

Describe your ideal guy in three words: Optimistic, Adorable, and Loving

Ideal first date: Has to be somewhere you can talk, no go on the movie on the first date. Maybe dinner and then a walk, or getting ice cream and going on a walk; that kind of thing.

Favorite sport: KU basketball, duh. But I grew up in a baseball family, so I love watching baseball. Take me to a game! I can get excited about any sport.

One thing you wish more guys would do: Cheesy romantic gestures! I’m a sucker for those.

One thing you urge college women to stop doing: I wish college women would stop wearing leggings as pants. They are not pants. Also, I’d rather not see your underwear when you bend over.

Typical Friday night: I’m a social bug, so you’ll find me bar hopping on Mass Street with my friends.

Why do you think you’re a catch? Don’t be shy now. I’m quirky; I have those quirks that hopefully most people find adorable and not weird. I’m always up to try something new, I’m very affectionate, so you always know if I like you or not, I don’t play games.

Laura Lyndall Fagen is a junior at the University of Kansas majoring in Strategic Communications and Theater. She is a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters and loves all things volunteering.