This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

After TikTok’s creation in 2016 consumers have seen things such as following dance trends, prank videos, memes, and more recently lifestyle and get ready with me (grwm) content. My “foryou” page tends to have a mix of videos but something that I have recently interacted the most with is chatty grwms or day in the life vlogs. Some of my favorite TikTokers include Alix Earle (no surprise there), Kennedy Powers, and Emilie Kiser. Now these three women are vastly different. Alix Earle is a senior in college partying it up, Kennedy Powers is a nursing student planning a wedding, and Emilie Kiser is a mom and wife. Although their lives may be at different points, all three are in their early twenties and tend to share the same products. So I tested them out!

1. The Headband

We all know what headband I’m talking about. This headband is worn by 2/3 of the girls and has resulted in the product being sold out everywhere. The headband comes in various colors and almost looks like it has bubbles going across it. Some viewers and consumers have very strong negative opinions for the headband saying it’s ugly or annoying. But in my opinion, it’s a fun headband to wear while doing skincare and if it elevates or romanticizes your routine, then why does it matter? I would recommend, but good luck finding one in stock!

2. Legging Curls

This is another hair related trend that I personally have been using every single night of 2023 thus far. My goal this year is to use as little heat on my hair and when I saw Emile Kiser and Kennedy Powers using this hack both for time and helping with heat damage I knew I had to try it! I find it takes very little time and isn’t uncomfortable when I sleep at all. If you were to end up trying any of these trends, try this one! It’s cost effective as long as you own a pair of leggings.

3. White Eyeliner

This is one of Alix Earles most famous contributions to the recent makeup hints and tricks. I will say for someone who doesn’t often wear eyeliner, or much eye makeup in general, this one is definitely one I will only be using for full face makeup days or when I really want to draw attention to my eyes. The look is stunning and like I said, really draws attention and brightens your face, but it looks harsh if you aren’t planning on wearing full glam or a heavier face.

4. Hair Wax Gel

This is essentially a glue like stick of hair gel for easy use to slick back your hair or any fly aways that may be messing up the look. For me this is a must have for bubble braids or any updo and another inexpensive product you can purchase on Amazon and likely use multiple times a week. If you’re dealing with greasy hair or less time, grab the Samnyte Hair Wax Stick and you’ll be able to elevate your look in a few minutes.

Those are the four Tik Tok trends I have recently tried. In conclusion, Tik Tok influencers can in fact recommend some really good products and tips and they shouldn’t be overlooked. You can also find more of their favorite things at their individual pages which will be linked here:

https://www.tiktok.com/@alixearle?lang=en

https://www.tiktok.com/@emiliekiser?lang=en

https://www.tiktok.com/@kennedy.powers?lang=en

Hello everyone! My name is Aubree Chavez and I am a third-year student studying English with a minor in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. In my free time I enjoy writing, reading, and uploading videos on my youtube channel.