This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Cortez Jordan

Twitter: @Thatguytezz

Major: Political Science

Year in School: Junior

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Kansas City, Kan.

Activities Outside of Campus: I’m a full time student, so between school and work I keep pretty busy. In my free time, I like to kick it with my friends and family.

Favorite quote: “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” —Ayn Rand

Turn Ons: It’s a real turn on when you’re smart and good looking. I like girls who have an outgoing and fun personality, can’t be shy around me!

Turn Offs: When a woman lacks ambition to better herself.

If you could take the girl of your dreams on a date, where would you go and what would you do? I’d plan a nice activity: Something enjoyable and relaxing. Later, we’d go on a very nice dinner date, and after dinner we’d do something that’s fun and also allows some bonding time so we can get to know one another a little bit better.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what are 3 things you would take with you? My phone, a spouse, and Dora’s backpack, HA!

Celebrity Crush: Christina Milian

Who has been the most influential person in your life and why: My mom, she always encourages me to believe in myself and do whatever makes me happy.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully pursing a career in the corporate world, and starting a family.

What motivates you? The idea of being successful and living my dreams.

What is one thing people would never guess about you? I originally intended to major in nursing, with an emphasis in pediatrics and oncology. 

Favorite music artist: Currently August Alsina

What’s your guilty pleasure? Junk food

What are the first three things you notice about a girl? Her looks, personality, and the crowd she hangs with.

Favorite thing about fall at KU: Football season, and the beginning of basketball season.

What would we find you doing on a Friday night around 8? Getting prepared to go out for the night.

Why do you think you’re a catch? I’m a good looking guy. I’ve got a fun and outgoing personality. I’m a young man that has goals and ambition to better myself and become successful.