Campus Cuties in Holiday Sweaters: Subha Upadhyayula

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Subha Upadhyayula

Twitter: @subhau           

Major: Psychology & Marketing

Year in School: Junior

Relationship Status: Taken…by coffee.

Interested In: Coffee… Just kidding. Men.

Hometown: Leawood, Kansas

Campus Activities: Live Music Coordinator for SUA, DJ for 90.7 KJHK, 2013 Orientation Assistant

Activities Outside of Campus: Title Boxing Club Lawrence

Favorite quote: “Enjoy It. Because it’s happening.”

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Went to Colorado for a week without telling my parents. Fact: They still don’t know. Fact: I’m not telling them.

Turn ons: Proper grammar

Turn offs:  One-word texts

One thing a guy can do that makes you weak in the knees: BLUE EYES, OH MY GOODNESS, AND A LOVELY SMILE!

Who’s your celebrity crush and why? Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling & Tina Fey – The trifecta and they are the funniest ladies I know.

What’s your go-to fashion piece? “Around the world” watch from Urban Outfitters

What drives you? My car. Her name is Trixi. – Also, my parents because they believe in me, love me, and are physically invested in me.

You’re such a busy bee with all your involvement on campus! What do you do for “Subha time”? I’ve recently found an interest in punching things, so I go boxing and kickboxing. I spend my time eating, drinking coffee and watching shows and documentaries on Netflix. I am a Snapchat-enthusiast. I also like to knit, read and whistle.

Three words a person you just met would use to describe you: Energetic, Friendly, & cat-tastic!

What’s one thing you wish more guys would do? Not beat around the bush. As John Mayer sings, “Say what you need to say!”

What’s your best quality? Worst? Best: One time I met Donna from Parks and Rec (aka Retta) and she says, “Shuba, you are small but mighty.” Yes, she spelled my name wrong. Worst: I think I’m funny and I laugh at my own jokes. I can sometimes be an avoider. I avoid. It’s what I do.

Dream Job: Getting paid to instagram, snapchat, tweet, drink coffee, watch Netflix and play with cats. That’s the answer I give my parents because I have no idea.

Favorite spot on campus: The market in the Kansas Union – specifically the salad bar – specifically the salad bar on Tuesdays and Thursdays because it’s 20% off salads.

You get to have any superpower of your choice for one day. What do you choose and why? Apparition: The ability to magically travel just by focusing on a desired location in mind, then WAPOOSH!

Favorite store: Sylas and Maddy’s and Urban Outfitters

Current song you have on repeat: “Nothing Better” by The Postal Service

Favorite type of movie: I like all dem movies, but I really really like comedies.

Any secret talents? I can make my tongue touch my nose.

What’s your guilty pleasure? Sugar snap peas and hummus. Man, I go HAM.

Most valuable lesson college has taught you: This is my life that I’m living and I have to do what’s best for me. You do you, and I’ll do me. As Donna from Parks and Rec has said to me personally, “Treat Yo’ Self!”

Worst pick-up line someone’s tried to use on you before: You must be from Pearl Harbor, cause baby you’re the bomb. – I’d like to point out that after he said that, I got confused at first and told him my name is Subha…

Most memorable moment of your KU experience? The day I found out I got accepted to become an Orientation Assistant for the Office of First-Year Experience. It was as if it were just yesterday, except it wasn’t. After I saw, “Congratulations, Subha!” all I could think about was the largest ice cream I was going to eat at Sylas and Maddy’s to celebrate!

Take me through your ideal date! Don’t be shy. – He’d pick me up, because I hate driving and we would go to Aladdin’s Café, or Chipotle or even Dillon’s because their salad bar is phenomenal. Then we’d to go Sylas and Maddy’s and get ice cream, or Henry’s/La Prima Tazza and get coffee. Then we would watch Parks and Recreation, or The Mindy Project and hang out!

Best piece of advice you could give to aspiring campus cuties: “Your life is your life, you gotta live like it’s your life.” – Noah and the Whale

#1 thing on your KU bucket list: Try food at every restaurant on Mass street

Why do you think you’re a catch? Because I’m easily throwable. GET IT?