Campus Cutie V-Day Edition: Becca & Amanda

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

(L: Becca, R: Amanda)

Names: Becca Clark and Amanda Craven

Year in School: Seniors

Majors

B: Psychology

A: Works at Assurant Employee Benefits as a dental claims associate in Kansas City where she lives

Status: Dating

On-campus activities

B: KU Women’s Rugby Club

Off-campus activities

B: Works as Safebus Driver

A: When I’m not with Becca, I’m either at home spending time with my family or I’m sketching and painting with my free time.

How Long Have You Been Together? 6 months on Valentine’s Day!

Turn-ons

B: Nice eyes, intelligence, sense of humor 

A: Outgoing personality, spontaneity, nice legs

Turn-offs

B: Smokers, people who aren’t driven, have no goals, liars, dramatic people       

A: Smokers, disrespectfulness, people who feed off of drama, and people who think they know everything.

Okay, give me the story, how’d you two meet?

B: Pretty standard story, we met through mutual friends

Favorite thing about the other person:

B: How she’s always there for me, no matter what’s happening in either of our lives.

A: She’s non-judgmental, and I can be myself with her (which is a giant goofball)

Favorite piece of clothing on the other:

A: V-Neck tees

B: her jeans

Weirdest thing about the other person:

B: Amanda talks in her sleep and asks her pillow about dental claims or shakes me awake for no reason.

Pet Peeves:

A: People who text “K” or “ok” after a long text message. I also don’t like it when people only talk to you when they want something from you.

B: When people don’t listen, bad drivers

Do you two have a song?

Stay – Rihanna

Favorite restaurant: Señor Tequilas in KC

What’s your favorite thing to do together?

Watch KC Chiefs Football

What’s a typical night look like for the both of you?

Either movie nights or dinner and drinks with friends

Who made the first move/who pursued who first?

B: I messaged her first but Amanda kissed me first

Favorite physical feature of the other person:

B: Her eyes

A: Her adorable smile

If you could go on any vacation together, where would you go, what time of year, and why would you go there?

A: The beach, in the summer, Gulf Shores, AL. I haven’t been but Becca has and we both really want to go.

What was it about her that really hooked you?

B: Her accepting nature. She takes me for me, and everything that goes with me. All my baggage.

A: She is completely honest with me, she has been from the very start. It’s really hard to find someone that you can trust. What also got me hooked is the amazing chemistry we have with each other.

First kiss: see first date

Take me through your first date:

B: Amanda took me out to dinner at Señor Tequilas and then we played mini-golf. After mini-golf we went for a walk, then sat down by the river and talked until 3 a.m. Before we got up to leave, Amanda leaned over and planted one on me. 

Take me through your favorite moment together:

B: We went camping one weekend and it was nice to get away from everything and see how we really worked together. You don’t know if you are going to work until you have to put up a tent in the dark together.

A: I have so many wonderful moments with Becca, but the best one that really stands out was when I got her a puppy for an early Christmas gift. Just seeing how happy and excited she was to finally get the puppy she always wanted was the best gift I could have ever given her.

Obviously, you’re still together because you really like/love each other, duh! But what has caused you to stay with one another? We’re still together because support each other and work well together. We want the best for each other. And when one of us is stressed or upset, we are both there for each other no matter what.

This is Valentine’s Day # what for you two? What have you done in the past? What do you have planned for this Valentine’s Day?

B: This is our first valentine’s day together, and our 6 month anniversary.  We’re going to dinner here in Lawrence, but I have to work.

One piece of advice you have to couples who are just starting out, give us your wisdom! Be patient and be honest with each other, whether if it’s good or bad. If your relationship is a lie, you are wasting everyone’s time.

Plans for the future? No definite plans. If it’s meant to be then it’s meant to be, we’ll see what happens.