Campus Cutie Jesse Phouangphet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Double major, marketing director for Made Urban Apparel, and he has a killer fashion sense? Ladies, what more could you want in a man? Jesse’s drive and passion for his education, family, and future is almost unmatched; read on to find out more about just how deep his passion and drive runs. Don’t forget to check out the clothing line as well! It doesn’t disappoint.

Name: Jesse Phouangphet

Instagram: Jkicks123

Major: Dual Degree in Business Administration & Marketing

Year in School: Fourth

Relationship Status: Single

Interested In: Women

Hometown: Olathe, Kansas

Campus Activities: I’m not involved on campus too much as my classes and work take up most of my time. However, I took part in the world fashion show put on by the school a couple months ago showcasing the diversity within the street culture of fashion.

Activities Outside of Campus: I basically work and go to school. Any free time I have, I like to spend with family.

Favorite quote: “When I was a boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur. “ or “One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” Either one of these Step Brothers quotes is ridiculously hilarious to me.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Chased a llama and almost got shot/trampled by buffalo over it, long story…

Turn ons: Confidence in a woman.

Turn offs: When a woman showcases her insecurities to the world. Be you, be confident.

Who’s your celebrity crush and why? Rita Ora. Besides the fact that she’s gorgeous, she has a very unique and dope style that I really like. I’m big on spicy foods and I read somewhere she carries hot sauce every where she goes so I mean that’d come in handy when we married, haha.

Favorite way to wind down your busiest days? Listen to music.  

Describe your dream girl in 3 words: Ride or Die…too cliché? Classy and Loyal

What’s one thing you wish more girls would do? Take less “selfies”

Dream job: Taking Made Urban Apparel to the top! Besides that, a dream job would consist of traveling the world experiencing other cultures and viewing different horizons. Any job that entails that would be ideal.

Favorite spot on campus: Anywhere quiet and comfortable so I can take a nap, haha.

Favorite store: NORDSTROM

Current song you have on repeat: “Man of the Year” by School Boy Q

Any secret talents? I can see the future. Actually no I cant, but I wish, haha.

Favorite bar in Lawrence: I would say Brothers, only because I get dragged there the most.

What’s your guilty pleasure? I can drink without getting hangovers.

Most valuable lesson college has taught you: Education is the most expensive investment you can make not only for the betterment of yourself, but also for the insurance that your family will be secured for future generations. I am the first generation child in my family to even make it to college, so, needless to say, I want to make them proud.

One pick-up line you’ve used on a girl that’s actually worked: “Hey baby, do you want to come to MySpace so I can Twitter your Yahoo till you Google over my Facebook.” I’m joking, I never used this, but always thought it was funny. How could you say no though?

First thing you notice about a girl: What she’s wearing. I feel like you can tell a lot about a girl by how she chooses to express herself through her sense of style.  

Tell me the most romantic thing you’ve done for a girl: That’s a secret, and for you to find out. LMAO, okay that was corny, never again.

Most romantic thing a girl’s done for you? That’s also a secret.

1 thing you have to do before you die: Sky dive. (Hopefully that’s not the last thing I do before I die.)

Where do you see yourself in five years? Happy

We’d be crazy not to ask you what inspired you to start your own clothing line! I think this is a common misconception about me regarding the brand. I didn’t start the clothing line, it was founded by three guys: Vu Radley, Samoan Rasta, and Jonathan Platz. I was always big into street-culture of fashion so it was no coincidence I was able to cross paths with these guys. About three months after the brand was launched, I joined the team in May with my good friend Lance Chandler. He began to lead and eventually became the head of sales as I began to direct most of the marketing, spreading awareness of the brand not just through social media, but other outlets as well reaching nation wide and international as well. We’ve been blessed to have sales in 28 different states nationwide, two different countries internationally and we’re not even a year old yet. So while we are a fairly young company still, we know what it takes to leave a mark in this game. We want to showcase that we are a brand that can stand the test of time. The name MADE is timeless to us and in time, we hope to prove its longevity in this industry.

We recently just launched our latest seasonal line; The “Take What’s Yours” Winter Collection. The capsule represents individuals who are willing to do whatever it takes to become greatly successful. Individuals who refuse to accept the life that is handed to them but instead strive to create their own outcome. MADΞ is a brand that visually displays the challenges, dedication, defiance, and success of those on the mission to get MADΞ. Find the collection here at www.mademobb.com

What was your motivating factor?What motivates me, not just in the industry, but in everything I pursue in life is family. As far as what motivates me in the industry is my team and our unity as a team. The entire brand reflects a team effort and a family style bond. The collections that we release in some way or another depict stories of our life, what we stand for, what we have been through, the boundaries we have overcome, and the goals we hope to accomplish.

Did you know that this was something you’ve always wanted to do, or no? Why?I actually had no idea I’d be apart of this business while I was still in college. I could see myself pursuing it after but this way I’m able to learn the business through real world experiences and hopefully after I graduate I can take it to that corporate level.