This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Women empowerment is very important in helping provide power to women to stand up for themselves and others.

Below are a few movies that will help remind women that you can do anything you want. As long as you have the courage, anything is possible.

1. 10 Things I Hate About You

Image Credit

Kat Stratford, a very independent feminist, has no problem feeling like she needs to impress a guy, rejects the idea of living in a patriarchal society, and very much stands up for what she believes in.

2. Legally Blonde

Image Credit

When Elle Woods gets dumped by her boyfriend, because he feels she isn’t serious enough, she tries her hardest to prove him wrong, and that she too can go to Harvard Law school. She does later realize in the movie that there is more to life than looks, fashion, and popularity.

3. Kill Bill

Image Credit

Beatrix Kiddo, aka “The Bride”, is pregnant and about to get married, just as Bill, the leader of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad that she was formerly a part of, bursts in and shoots her in the head, placing Beatrix in a coma for 4 years. When Beatrix awakes from her coma, she is nothing but eager to take down Bill and kill him.

4. Mulan

Image Credit

In this classic Disney animated movie, when Mulan learns that her father must go out to war again, she becomes scared and nervous due to his current health. Mulan then goes into her parent’s room at night, taking her father’s armor, disguises herself as a man, and goes out to war.

Communications Major at The University of Kansas