This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

So, you’ve just completed the trek from your dorm to class or vice versa. Unsuspectingly, you look into a mirror and GASP-theres an oily mess on your face! Okay, so this may be a bit dramatic, but no one wants to look like they’ve just finished running a 5k after being outside. Streaky, greasy, and separating makeup just ain’t the move this school year. 

Even eyeshadow can end up looking like a greasy balm! Luckily for you, I have all the insider tips on the best budget and high end makeup to survive the lovely Lawrence humidity and heat. Also, by insider tips I mean I have spent an unethical amount of money and a TON of different makeup products, so this is all tried and tested. My bank account may not thank me, but you will! 

Budget Makeup

Best Budget Base Makeup

Let’s be honest—we’re all broke, like 90% of the time. These products are great if you’re within that broke majority of your college career, since eventually you will be watching your coin even closer than usual. Just because you spend less doesn’t mean that you can’t have a BEAT face. These products have proven to have all day stay and are perfect for creating different lewks. 

Source                  

Source                                

Source

Best Budget Eyeshadow and Mascara

Source                          

Source

Best Budget Lipstick

Source                     

Source

Splurge-Worthy Makeup

Best Splurge-Worthy Primer and Foundation

These products are more high-end and pricey, but they have amazing quality. The price tag can be offsetting, but hey, we gotta treat ourselves within that 10% of time that we actually have money right? The great thing about these products is that they tend to last a long time and pretty much ensure a snatched base look that will last the college day and into the night. 

Source                           

Source                                  

Source

Best Splurge-Worthy Eyeshadow and Mascara

Source                                 

Source

Best Splurge-Worthy Lipstick

Source                                                  

Source

Hey! My name is Veronica and I am a freshman at the University of Kansas. I am majoring in journalism and I am so excited to start my writing journey at HER Campus!