ANIMAL SPOTLIGHT OF THE MONTH: JASMINE AND ROSE

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Going to college for the first time is not an easy feat, especially when you have to leave your pets behind. As a college freshman, not being able to see my furry friends every day has not been fun (at all). To cope with this, I have curated my social media to show me cute posts of dogs, cats, hippos, rabbits, elephants, basically any cute animal that will brighten my day when I am feeling homesick.

So for each month, I’ve decided to highlight some of the animals that have made me feel better while being away from my family and pets, with the hope that anyone else feeling homesick can cheer up too.

Jasmine and rose

For this month’s animal highlight, we have Jasmine and Rose! Rose is a Chihuahua and Jasmine is an Italian Greyhound. Their owner, @instamelia88 on Instagram, posts many videos and photos of this sister duo, and they’re living their best lives.

A lot of content of Jasmine and Rose can be found on their owner’s TikTok Account: @iggy_n_chi

Jasmine and Rose are an iconic sister duo, who love cuddling under the blankets and eating treats!

If you’ve enjoyed this content, be sure to give Jasmine, Rose, and Amelia a follow! And be sure to tune in next month for another Animal Spotlight!

I'm Jayme Pickering, and I am a first year English major and History minor, and I am on the pre-law track at the University of Kansas. I am a member of the HCKU Writing Committee, the KU Marching Jayhawks, the honorary band fraternity Kappa Kappa Psi, and the pre-law fraternity Phi Alpha Delta.