6 reasons to continue to go to KU football games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Photo: football game of the University of Kansas vs. the University of Missouri on Nov. 29, 2008. KU won 40-37 in a thrilling victory.

With all the hype about KU football at the beginning of the season, fans expectations were high. However, after this weekend’s loss, we have a record of 2-4. Here are six reasons why students should continue to go to the games.

1. Win or lose, it is still a University of Kansas team. We should support our University’s teams and the students participating in them.
  2. You can go with your friends and hang out with them while watching.
  3. There will always be a few good plays that will get the crowd excited.
  4. It is the cheapest football ticket you will ever get to buy. It is $10 a game for students without the student combo package.
  5. You get to be part of KU traditions, including Waving the Wheat, the Campanile ringing, the introduction video and the band. Plus, you can tailgate with friends and family on the Hill next to the Campanile.
  6.  If we win and it is unexpected, you could be able to rush the field with your fellow students!

No matter if we win or lose, there are only so many games you get to go to as a student. We should make the most of our opportunity to go to the games and be a part of the KU community. Rock chalk!

Meredith is a senior at the University of Kansas. She is majoring in Journalism and wants to be a foreign correspondent one day.