This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

One of the best things about changing seasons is switching up your pallet. This fall, instead of sticking with your traditional PSL, try one of these yummy fall drinks. I assure you, you will not be disappointed! 

1. A Starbucks Toasted Graham Latte. If you don’t feel like getting adventurous in the kitchen and making your own drinks, let Starbucks make their new fall drink for you. Yes, Starbucks has added a brand new fall drink to their menu for the first time in years! The Toasted Graham Latte is a delicious blend of espresso, sweet cream and cinnamon graham. Try it while it’s still here!

2. Cinnamon Hot Chocolate. This season, try adding a flavorful twist to your hot chocolate! This one is super simple but so good! Just add a couple pinches of cinnamon to your favorite hot chocolate and you’re done! Fancy tip: To make it look more aesthetically pleasing, drop in a cinnamon stick. Easy Instagram-worthy hot chocolate is that easy.

3. Honey Spiced Milk. For a sweet twist on your bedtime glass of warm milk, try this tasty treat. Break out a pan and heat a cup of milk. Don’t let it boil. Melt in 3 tablespoons of honey, then add whatever spices you feel like. Suggested spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove. 

4. Wassail. Last but not least, here is a more demanding but absolutely delicious recipe for some amazingly tasty (and possibly potent) wassail. One gallon of apple cider, one cup of brown sugar, a few cinnamon sticks, some cloves, a sliced orange, a dash of orange juice and if you’re feeling risky, a half cup of brandy or rum. Bring all of this to a boil and then let it simmer. Drink it warm. Jayhawk tip: There is a cider mill in Louisburg. (That’s about 45 minutes away from good ol’ LFK.)

Special thanks to Tamara Tyner for sharing some of her favorite fall drink recipes!

Cover Photo

Hot Chocolate

Milk

Wassail

I am a Chicago native, and a student at the University of Kansas. I'm studying secondary education with an emphasis in English, and I hope to earn my masters in special education. My favorite things in the world are puppies, girl's nights in, and perfectly balanced caramel macchiatos. My least favorite things are clowns, writer's block, and going to the dentist. If you want to know more about me, just read my articles! I will try to put my own personal spin on every topic I cover. Her Campus rules, Rock Chalk!