This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Here are some ideas for Halloween costumes this year. Some are relevant to pop culture, others are classics, and others are duo costumes. Take a look if you’re having trouble deciding what to be this year.

Barbie

Of course, I had to mention Barbie with the summer blockbuster movie having just come out. This is an option that has lots of alternatives. You could go for one of the Barbies from the movie or you could just be any Barbie variety that you can come up with. You can use full creativity for this one or buy a premade costume from places like Spirit Halloween or Party City.

Adult Roller Blade Barbie Costume – Barbie Movie | Party City

Adult Western Barbie Costume – Barbie the Movie – Spirithalloween.com

Adult Gingham Dress – Barbie the Movie – Spirithalloween.com

Jobu Tupaki from “Everything Everywhere ALl At once”

If you’re into going all out on Halloween, consider dressing as Jobu Tupaki from Everything Everywhere All At Once. There are lots of fun looks to choose from: the bagel cult leader, tennis attire, Elvis, and more.

Ellie or A clicker from “The Last Of Us”

A great show that came out earlier this year was The Last of Us. If you love the apocalyptic vibe, then dressing as Ellie would be perfect! All you need for Ellie is an old flannel, some old jeans, and a little bit of fake blood. If you are more into spooky special effects make up, you could dress up as a clicker or other infected creature from the franchise.

Witch

One of the most classic costumes is a witch! You can stick to the tradition by dressing in black with a witch’s hat or freshen up the look by dressing as The Love Witch or a member of The Craft coven.

Adult Coven Witch Hooded Dress – Spirithalloween.com

Vampire

Vampires are another classic Halloween costume. A classic black cape and fangs is fun to dress up in, but dressing up as a famous character would be fun too! If you’re in your Twilight era like I am, you could dress up as Bella or Alice in early 2000s attire. All you would need are some bootcut jeans and a tight-fitting long sleeve shirt.

PJ and Josie from “Bottoms”

A recent favorite movie of mine was Bottoms that was released a few months ago. Rachel Sennott and Ayo Edebiri play the iconic queer best friends PJ and Josie. You can find some shirts very similar to theirs at Target. You would also need a band-aid for PJ and an arm sling for Josie.

PJ: Men’s Long Sleeve Rugby Polo Shirt – Goodfellow & Co™ : Target

Josie: Men’s Long Sleeve Rugby Polo Shirt – Goodfellow & Co™ : Target

Dionne and Cher from “Clueless”

A classic duo, Dionne and Cher, would be super fun to dress up as! All of Dionne and Cher’s outfits are fire but going for the classic plaid matching outfits would be adorable! Find a friend to dress up with and make the best of your night out.

Clueless
Paramount Pictures
Sophie Sanders is a writer for the Her Campus at University of Kansas chapter. She has been a part of Her Campus KU since August of 2022. Sophie focuses on entertainment when writing for Her Campus KU. She enjoys writing about current films, TV shows and books. Sophie was awarded the Writing Member of the Month by the HCKU writing executives in February. Sophie is a sophomore at the University of Kansas and is double majoring in Film & Media Studies with an emphasis in Production and English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. Apart from Her Campus, Sophie is involved in the Film Department at KU. She works as an office assistant in the front office and she is involved with KU film clubs. Sophie enjoys reading, writing creatively, and watching movies in her free time. Some of her favorite books include Six of Crows, Normal People, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. She is a huge fan of the Scream movie franchise. Her favorite Scream is Scream VI. She also loves La La Land and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Sophie enjoys Yoga and board games. Sophie is passionate about issues pertaining to women and lgbtq+ people as well.