15 Things You Know If Your Mom Is Your BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Having a close relationship with your mother is both a blessing and a curse. She know what you’re about to say before you open your mouth, and she knows when you’re lying. You can’t be sneaky when your mom is your best friend, but why would you want to? Here are 15 things that you relate to if your mom is your bff.

1, You will drive any distance to see her.

If you’ve been cursed with distance, if you need her or she needs you, you know you can turn a four hour drive into two and a half if need be.

2. Girls days are a must.

Brunch, coffee, nails, shopping, and all the gossip fathomable, because sometimes girl time is much needed to unwind and catch up on each other’s lives.

photo

3. She knows all the boy drama

If your mom is your best friend, then she’s read every text, heard every detail of the date, and has a strong opinion on every screenshot you’ve sent her.

4. You’ve had full conversations in gifs

Sometimes the best things can be said with no words, and you and your mom commonly exchange moving pictures to represent each other’s day

5. You’ve called her crying, laughing, and swearing.

Whether you were just cut off in traffic, you just saw someone fall in public, or your coffee order was screwed up, your mother knows the exact situation and how you feel about it.

photo

6. She sends you pictures of the pets.

Your mom understands how much your dog means to you, and sends you daily pictures, sometimes dressing up the dog for special occasions too.

7. You’ve sent her pictures of moles or marks on your body to confirm that it’s not a deadly rash.

How else are you going to know if you should be concerned for your life?! Web MD said there’s a chance it’s either poison ivy or cancer.

8. You hype up each other’s selfies and pictures

If you take the time to put on lipstick and highlight, you can guarantee your mom will notice in the picture you send her.

9. You stalk each other on social media

If it’s a recipe account, a cute boy, or the trashy celebrity you both secretly love to hate, your mom and you often follow the same accounts, coincidentally or not.

10. You’d pick up the phone at any time of the day or night.

Bad dreams instantly disappear when mom is on the other line, and you’d answer shamelessly in the middle of class if she needed to talk.

11. You hate the same people.

This is just a given. If someone betrays either of you, they’ve gained two enemies instead of one.

12. You have car sing alongs.

Ignoring the offkey pitches is the best way to sing along to Bruno Mars and the Spice Girls in the car. 

13. You send each other mail.

It’s almost as if you try to out do each other with the amount of cards and stickers. Did someone say it’s national coffee day? Better send a gift card to Mom!

photo

14. You’ve screenshotted the same Facebook post and sent it to each other

That picture of your old boss drunk at a bar? Your mom already has it in her camera roll ready to send to brighten your day.

15. You share Facebook videos on each other’s page.

The majority of your Facebook feed consists of all the posts you’ve sent to Mom. It’s just too relatable not to tag her!

SaveSave

Madeleine is a senior at the University of Kansas double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism. Originally from Omaha, Nebraska, Madeleine spent the last few years of her high school career publishing two books (http://www.lulu.com/shop/m-rheinheimer/project-105/paperback/product-23264977.html + http://www.lulu.com/shop/madeleine-rheinheimer/undefined/paperback/product-22938535.html)  and traveling around the city speaking and sharing with locals. Knowing since the fourth grade that she was destined to be a writer when she grew up, Madeleine enjoys anything that involves creative expression. You can follow her personal blog at: https://illiterateblondes.com