This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Thanksgiving is only 3 school days away. Now is the time to think about what you’re grateful for. Here’s a list of 11 things I’m grateful for as a KU freshman. 

(Source: pixempire.com)

1. Free Wifi

Where would we be without constant connection to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., etc., etc.? Good thing there’s free wifi basically everywhere.

2. Mrs. E’s Chicken Tender Day

If you’d seen the lines, you would understand just how grateful we are. It’s tweeted about, Yik-Yak-ed about and group-messaged about. You can’t miss chicken tender day. 

3. Busses That Aren’t Full

It’s only happened to me twice so far. I’ve been waiting at the bus stop, caught sight of the bus and started moving towards the curb. And it doesn’t slow… that’s interesting… and there it goes. BUS FULL. Nice. Can’t wait for this when it’s -12 degrees outside. 

(Source: etsy.com)

4. Coffee

In high school, the majority of us thought it was gross. Now… we’re addicted. I know some people who can’t function without. I talked to someone the other day how said they’d finally experienced what it was like to have TOO much coffee. Poor guy.

5. Canceled Classes

The best news you can get all week? Your 8 a.m. class getting canceled! Hopefully, you got this news before you walked to class already…

(Source: quickmeme.com)

6. Exam Curves

Alright… a 70 percent… You can deal with that. You really can still get an A because the curve is 20 percent. Just hope your teacher curves their tests and that everyone else did just as poorly as you did.

7. Early Dismissals

“Okay… I guess that’s all I have to cover today. See you tomorrow.” – beautiful college proverb. This phrase is especially pleasing when you’re teacher happens to be a stickler for the time usually. 

8. Non-Crazy Roommates

When I first moved in, I was terrified that my seemingly normal roommates would suddenly turn crazy. Thankfully, that transition never took place and now, I wouldn’t have anyone else by my side.

(Source: picturequotes.com)

9. Weekends

Everyone waits for the weekend. But college students are especially desperate for the release of pressure from daily classes and assignments, when we can spend our time watching (more) Netflix and ordering (more) pizza. 

10. Homemade Meals

Words cannot describe how excited I am to go home and have a warm, home cooked meal for Thanksgiving. Don’t get me wrong, the food at E’s is surprisingly good, but I still find myself longing for casseroles, chili and lasagna every night.

11. Free Laundry at Home

Every time I go home, I haul a huge hamper of dirty clothes with me for my mom to wash for me. I never realized how lucky I was to have my laundry done…or even to just NOT pay for it! 

However, while I’m extremely grateful for all of these things, there’s so many other things I am thankful for — I have a roof over my head, clothes to keep me warm, the opportunity to go to college and get an education, the freedoms I have protected by courageous soldiers and a family to go home to who love and support me. We all have so much to be grateful, even the little things.