Wellness > Sex + Relationships

10 Ways to Show Yourself & Others Some Love On Valentine’s Day (And Every Day)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is the day of lllluuuhhhhvvv. But let’s clear the air; love comes in many forms. Don’t be upset if you don’t have a boo. There are millions of other people who are in your same boat today. All y’all’s time is coming. Patience, my darlings.

So, enjoy today and live your best. You’re alive and there are so many people on this earth that love you! How wonderful is that?! I challenge you to find love in as many forms as you can. I promise you won’t be disappointed. Your heart’s capacity to give and to receive love is limitless, so fill it as full as humanly possible. And if you don’t know where to start, I have some ideas tucked in my back pocket, just for you! xoxo

1. Tell yourself you’re beautiful.

You know it’s true! You better acknowledge it sis!

Image Credit

2. Buy a cheap red lipstick from the drugstore & write kind words in cursive to yourself and your roomies on the mirrors.

Everyone needs reminders sometimes to love themselves. Not only does this brighten everyone’s days, but it’s perfect for mirror selfies too!

Image Credit

3. Splurge on something boujee.

Buy something nice for yourself, you deserve it honey!

Image Credit

4. Get dressed up and hit the town with your girls.

Nothing is better than putting on your favorite LBD, feelin’ hot, being hyped up by your girls, and laughing until you cry, all over your favorite meal at that restaurant you’re always craving.

Image Credit

5. Call someone you love.

Something about the simplicity of a phone call can transform someone’s day. If they don’t pick up, leave them an honest & heartfelt message about how much they mean to you. I save all of the sweetest voicemails I receive and replay them when I’m feeling down or missing the ones I love.

Image credit

6. Buy yourself some flowers.

Unless you have really bad allergies, then just go find some plastic ones at Michaels. ;)

Image Credit

7. Eat chocolate to your heart’s content.

A must for the kids in love and the lonely hearts. Chocolate can do no wrong. Ever. A loyal lover, that’s for sure.

Image Credit

8. Watch your favorite chick flick in bed (you get all the space you want when it’s just you, boo)

You can ugly cry all night long into your pillow and no one will judge you. It sometimes feels good to turn into a blubbering mess while you’re cozied up by yourself in bed. It just does, there’s no denying it.

Image Credit

9. Go get you a mani, and while you’re at it, make it Louboutin red ;)

Red manicures make me feel some typa way. It’s like you become a whole new person… may I even say a sexual goddess? Just being real. Your gorgeous hands automatically have all the attention drawn to them, like a scrawny little middle schooler that arrives to high school with the body of a woman and luscious locks that bounce as she walks. People can’t take their eyes off.

Image Credit

10. Write love letters to your girls, because everyone deserves a love letter.

The old soul in me eats these up. A good handwritten letter is the best gift anyone could ever receive. Don’t @ me.

Image Credit

All my love, xoxo.

Hannah is currently a Sophomore at The University of Kansas studying Strategic Communications in the School of Journalism with a minor in Business. She is from Portland, Oregon. Hannah is your stereotypical Oregonian: a vegetarian who loves the outdoors. You can find her "ooohing"and "ahhhing"over all things beauty in her free time and chatting it up with old and new friends. She finds passion in helping people feel beautiful and strong from the inside, out.