This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Name: Sydney Fishman
Hometown: Big Apple, New York City
Birthday: April 10, 1992
Year: 2014
Major: Not-fully-declared Art History
Relationship status: Single

Scenario: a fellow cutie brings you back to his room with the intentions of watching a movie (wink). You’re totally into this guy, but the movie he puts on completely deters you from pursuing anything. What movie did he put on?

The Hangover. I hate that scene when the Asian man jumps out of the car and he’s naked. I was visibly uncomfortable in the theater. I hate comedies (but don’t tell anyone that).

I hear you can read lips. Comments? From how far away can you understand a conversation?
I’m professional at that. It depends on how interested I am in it. I could read a conversation through the length of the Great Hall. The real skill involved in it is reading body language, ‘cause you can pick up a lot from a conversation. Don’t tell anyone that either.

So, you could be one of those people that works for US Magazine and analyzes pictures of celebrity couples?

Oh yeah. Oh totally. I actually want to be that now that you mention it. I wonder if my Art History major would satisfy that.

Would you rather have a tail (of your own choosing) or retractable talons?
What exactly is a talon?

I’m thinking Wolverine from X-men except less intense.
Well, I feel like a tail would just be kind of annoying even if it was small. I feel like the hand thing would be cool as long as I can put them away.

Which you can.
Then definitely the hand thing.

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?

I have once. I was camping in the Badlands and I almost got hypothermia. That’s a true story actually.

Word on the street is that you were a chorus star during your high school years, can you sing with all the voices of the mountain?
First of all, who told you that? Who are your sources? And I’m technically a bass, so I can only sing the low parts. As long as it’s the growling bear tones, then we’re in the money.

Speaking of Pocahontas, if you were in her shoes/moccasins, who would you choose – John Smith or Kocoum?
Oh, man. Um, I don’t really like blonde people, or I’m not really attracted to blondes. But there’s something very sexy about the Disney hunks. I also have been told that I have Native American blood, so I would go for Kocoum.

MFK – Aladdin, Prince Eric, Hercules.

Oh my god. Huh. I just really want to F Aladdin, that’s pretty easy. Wait actually no it’s Hercules. This is hard. And the reason for that is he’s a god. I think that Aladdin would probably be good in bed, but he’s sort of annoying so I’ve actually decided to kill him. Well, obviously I’d marry Eric because then I’d be royalty.

What would you think if future Mr. Sydney Fishman proposed to you on a ride (let’s say Disney’s Splash Mountain) right when they snap the picture?
Well, when you take the picture on Splash Mountain, is it before or after the waterfall?

It’s right before it. When you’re dropping, that’s when they take the picture.
I think it either way I’d probably have a pretty horrified look on my face. And hopefully the person isn’t the type of guy who’d want to buy the picture for the memory book.

You realize he’s proposing, right?
Okay, fine, Susannah. I’d buy it and I’d frame it and I’d put it in my keychain.

Would choosing to propose at that moment be a dealbreaker?
No, because I really would like to marry someone who’s adventurous, so I would give him props for that. I just really wouldn’t like the fact that it’s in an amusement park. We could do something just as surprising in a more acceptable location.

Would you rather have to snap at the end of every sentence or only be able to dance (or run) instead of walking to get places?
Okay, well there’s this kid on campus who runs everywhere, and I’ve sort of been jealous of him because he looks really cool when he’s running. And someone asked him once why he always ran everywhere, and he said so he didn’t have to go to the gym. It’s his exercise. So that would be perfect for me because I never go to the gym, and I really like to dance.

When I was writing this question, the thought of you running made me laugh.
That’s typical. People say I run like a duck.

Is there anything else you want to be asked?
That I want to be asked? I don’t know. Is there anything else you want to know?

Not in the context of an interview, but in the context of friendship. Closing comments?
Honestly, what am I being interviewed for?

That’s for me to know and you to find out.

Caroline Black is a senior Drama major at Kenyon College. In addition to co-founding and writing for her school's HC branch, Caroline is co-president of Beer and Sex, Kenyon's student-run freshman orientation program (and she enjoys making jokes about that title as much as you do). When she's not doing hippy-dippy acting warm-ups or volunteering with her service organization, The Archon Society, Caroline enjoys watching "Parks and Recreation" and dismaying her friends with terrible puns.