This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Besides being the day of the dreaded Housing Lottery, last Saturday, April 14th also marked the commencing half of Relay For Life 2012! It proved a great experience for all, and the event raised more than any RFL of Kenyon College event had in the past! ($45,000 is a lot of money indeed).

Here’s a recap of some of the more memorable (read: funnier) things you missed if you didn’t make it to Relay For Life last Saturday (and shame on you if you didn’t because it was awesome!)

1)   Drunk Guy on Moon Bounce Obstacle Course: At around 3 am a Kenyon student decided to post-game with at Relay and was immediately fascinated by the inflatable obstacle course stationed near the event’s entrance. Said student proceeded to charge at the Moon Bounce from the wrong side (i.e. he ran up the slide that is supposed to mark the course’s finish), reached the top of the slide, looked around in panic and shouted “wrong way! Wrong way!” and then ran back down the slide.
2)   The Sassy Child : She was so cute and everyone was jealous of how much energy she maintained the whole night, even at 5 am when most teams and most of the committee itself were slumped in their chairs, wishing for their beds up on the hill. She challenged everyone to races through the Moon Bounce and usually won. 
3)   The Kenyon Faculty: their team won the spirit contest because they got very into every themed lap, most notably the secret agent lap. Whatever your imagining right now is probably accurate. It was spectacular
4)   Christina Mastrangelo: Made pancakes at 7 am with M&Ms in them; ran around the track in a cape blowing bubbles; wore a fake mustache. One of the only people who did not succumb to cynicism or grumpiness throughout the night.  This woman is unstoppable.
5)   Pie-Eating Contest: If you though the Greek Week contest was entertaining, albeit nauseating, you should have seen the one at Relay, held at 4 am with partially frozen blueberry and apple pies. An 11-year-old girl from Mt. Vernon participated, as did two members of the committee. There were tears.
6)   The mass exodus: A hundred or so fatigued faces complete with dark under eye circles, messy hair and overall unwashed look leaving the KAC at noon on Sunday. It must have looked like the zombie apocalypse.

In short, you missed a great time. But have no fear! There will be many, many Relays to come. If you’re interested in participating next year, be on the lookout for organizational meetings in the next few weeks and next fall!

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.