The Oscars in Gambi-yay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

When I say Sunday night, you say: 
“Working in the Club Olin?”
WRONG.
Not this Sunday night, my friends. This Sunday night is the Oscars, the Super Bowl of fashion lovers and drama kids! After musing over my salad in Peirce, I’ve come up with a few ways you can bring a little Tinseltown glitz to the ‘Bier:

1. Find a primo viewing spot. The Pub can be a good scene if you want to bounce around between multiple viewing parties. Then there’s the Gund Gameroom—wait, hear me out. That TV is LARGE. And if you park it early, you can claim the area for your posse. If you’re going for a more exclusive affair—and have your own TV—try plugging it in to your cable box. My apartment gets NBC for free, somehow, so maybe Tafts gets complimentary CBS.

2. Create your own red carpet. Many Oscar nights ago, in an evening that completely foreshadowed by destiny as a Drama major, I layed down my family’s bright red beach towels and donned my mom’s spiffiest black cocktail dress so that my best friend and I could “walk the red carpet.” If you don’t have bright red towels on hand for some reason, you can still complete your celeb fantasy by wearing that old prom dress you anticipated wearing at Phling (RIP).

3. Extra points if you buy some crazy bling from WalMart.

4. Get some Andre/Martinelli’s. Whichever floats your boat, although Sunday Funday is an under-observed tradition. Either way, you can play this year’s version of this

5. Prediction contest. Whoever correctly predicts the most awards gets…a prize of some sort. You do you on this one.

Caroline Black is a senior Drama major at Kenyon College. In addition to co-founding and writing for her school's HC branch, Caroline is co-president of Beer and Sex, Kenyon's student-run freshman orientation program (and she enjoys making jokes about that title as much as you do). When she's not doing hippy-dippy acting warm-ups or volunteering with her service organization, The Archon Society, Caroline enjoys watching "Parks and Recreation" and dismaying her friends with terrible puns.