Meet Ryan Drake ’14!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.
We at HCK were lucky enough to track down and talk with Ryan Drake, the ultimate Kenyon College cutie! Recently, you may have seen Ryan perform in his senior thesis in Drama or kill it in the Company at the Parents’ Weekend cabaret. Whatever he does, he does it with his signature zest for life and Fjallraven backpack. It’s safe to say we HCKers are his new biggest fans. 

Name: Ryan Drake

Age: 21

Year: 2014 

Hometown: Complicated. Grew up in Framingham but now I live in Wellesley…anyone from Massachusetts knows the difference.

Major/Minor: Drama Major, Anthropology Minor 

Campus Involvement: President of The Company, SMA, KCDC member, Queer Mens Society (not a leader, but a sub leader…I get all of the emails) 

Relationship Status: Pinned

HCK: Name one thing no one at Kenyon knows about you.
RD:I started playing tennis becuase my mom was afraid I’d be a sociopath. As a small child I had no friends my age and just made up an entire world with my Barbies and I’d consume my whole day with it.

HCK:  If you wrote an autobiography, what would you call it?
RD: There’s really no need for one since everything about me was already covered in this

HCK :What would your ideal date be while living at Kenyon?
RD: Go to Jake’s…a place for Steaks. Then we would go to Dairy Queen and then make out in the Chapel. And I don’t walk them home.

HCK: What’s on your Kenyon bucket list?
RD: To be in a Bolton Show. To have The Company go down as the greatest group of all time and to potentially perform and then win at the Tony’s. Have a fun time in 
Weaver…and not make out at Old Kenyon.

HCK: What are your favorite things to do on campus in your free time?
RD: I like to watch TV in my bed. Use my rice cooker. And this is a new hobby of mine, as of an hour ago…but I just started playing Hair Salon 2 on my iPhone and it’s definitely going to be how I’m spending a lot of my free time.

Doesn’t get much cuter than this!

HCK: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
RD: Owning “The Cat Nip Estate” (a cat hotel) by day and “Pussy” (a cat brothel) by night.

HCK: If you could pick anywhere in the world to travel, where would you go and why?
RD: I really want to go to Japan, because it fascinates me in a real way…but I’m also afraid to go. 

HCK: Favorite books or author?
RD: Favorite book? I’m illiterate so…

HCK: What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
RD: I was trying to let my girlfriend senior year of high school know that I wasn’t interested in her anymore. So I took her to Papa Gino’s for dinner. And then got a rewards card. I still have the rewards card. 

HCK: What fashion trend do you think will make a comeback?

HCK: What’s your biggest pet peeve in bed?
RD: Eye contact. Emotions.

HCK: What’s your most impressive Peirce meal?
RD: Obviously deconstructed sushi…and I’m not ashamed.

HCK: What do you look for in a girl?
RD: A strong muscular square back. Broad shoulders. Short hair. Chiseled jaw line. And a penis…

Emma Miller, from Shaker Heights, Ohio,  is a senior Drama major at Kenyon College. She is a co-president of StageFemmes, a Kenyon student theatre organization dedicated to showcasing the talents of women in drama. Emma spends her summers as Assistant Director at a Jewish performing arts camp. Emma is thrilled to be in her second year as co-Campus Correspondent for Kenyon's HC chapter.  Emma was a founding staff member of her high school's online magazine, and her writings have also been published on the FBomb. She is passionate about girls' education, Jimmy Fallon, iced tea, Ireland, Cleveland, and SmartWool socks.