A Guide to Student Discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.
Do you love to shop? I love to shop. It’s addicting, finding that perfect pair of pumps or that shirt that will match your bright blue skinny jeans. However, I can’t say that I love when those perfect pumps cost about the same as my books this semester. But, don’t fret! With the use of some creative pinning, I was able to locate the most wonderful list imaginable. All of the stores and brands below give student discounts with proof of enrollment (your K-Card). 

CLOTHING

Ann Taylor-20% off in stores

Ann Taylor LOFT -15% off in stores

Banana Republic -10% off in stores

Charlotte Russe* -10% off in stores

Eddie Bauer -15% off regular priced items.

J. Crew 15% off in stores and online—most J. Crew stores will add your discount to whatever sale they are currently offering (e.g. 50% off + 15% student discount = 65% off)

Juicy Couture -15% off in stores

Ralph Lauren Rugby -15% off in stores

ShoeBuy -10% off online

Steve Madden -10% off in stores

The Limited-15% off in stores

Topshop-10% off in stores and online

Urban Outfitters10% on certain dates

TECHNOLOGY AND ELECTRONICS

AdobeDiscounts vary by location.

Apple -8% off computers online and in stores

AT&T -10% off your monthly bill for participating colleges

HP -Offers discounts (percentage unknown) for college students.

NortonUp to 50% off select items

Sony -10% off in certain locations

T-Mobile -6% off your monthly bill for participating colleges

Verizon18% off your monthly bill for participating colleges
[pagebreak]
RESTAURANTS AND FOOD

Arby’s10% off your order

Buffalo Wild Wings -10% off your order (if your school organization purchases a gift card)

Burger King– 10% off in stores

Chick-Fil-A -Free drink with your order

ChipotleFree drink with your order

Dairy Queen -10% off in stores

Dominos -Discounts vary by location

Kroger -5% off in certain locations (Mt. Vernon Kroger doesn’t participate, but your neighborhood Kroger might)

Papa John’s -Discounts vary by location

Pizza Hut -Discounts vary by location

Waffle House -10% off in stores

OTHER

AMC -Discounts vary by location, and are offered on Thursdays

Amtrak -Discounts vary by location

Barnes and Noble -Discounts up to 40% off the top 100 books

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft-10% off all items in stores, 20% off everyday in July

Madame Tussauds -15% off in all US locations

I was extremely disappointed in myself that I did not know these discounts existed and if one of you out there knew, I’m extremely disappointed that you didn’t tell me! A word of advice, double check with employees about if their store or brand offers a student discount and amount since all of these listed above is subject to change. Now go forth and conquer!
Emma Miller, from Shaker Heights, Ohio,  is a senior Drama major at Kenyon College. She is a co-president of StageFemmes, a Kenyon student theatre organization dedicated to showcasing the talents of women in drama. Emma spends her summers as Assistant Director at a Jewish performing arts camp. Emma is thrilled to be in her second year as co-Campus Correspondent for Kenyon's HC chapter.  Emma was a founding staff member of her high school's online magazine, and her writings have also been published on the FBomb. She is passionate about girls' education, Jimmy Fallon, iced tea, Ireland, Cleveland, and SmartWool socks.