Kenyon College Middle Path Fall
Kenyon College Middle Path Fall
Original photo by Shea Humphries

Going Back To School Is Fun And Cute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

I know that I’m not the only person who was counting down the days until I would be returning to my second home: college. There’s something unique about the excitement of venturing back to friends, dorms, and classes after being away for the whole summer. These are my favorite things we all get to experience as we go back to school.

1. That Post-Summer Glow-Up

In the grand scheme of things, three months is a small amount of time. In the college world, it can feel like years. The good news is that three months away from school means you have a lot more free time to become your best self (BTW: you are always your best self and in the process of becoming your best self). You have the opportunity to reflect on who you are internally and who you decide to project to the world. This could mean you want to change up your style and come back to school with some new fashion choices to show off. Or maybe you’re focused on exercise and frequent the gym. You could decide you want to practice mindfulness more and take up yoga. Whatever it may be, you always come back to school different than who you were when you left it. All glowed-up!

1. Taking Classes Again

I am not ashamed to say that I am and have always been someone who starts to crave classes when school is right around the corner. I think that’s because first and foremost, I love learning. At college, that enthusiasm is stronger than ever before because not only do you always learn new things (inside and outside of class), but you basically get to pick all of the things you learn. That’s something that should be appreciated! 

1. Football Games

This might not apply to everyone, but football has always had a special little place in my heart. When I was younger, I watched it with my family. In high school, I was in the marching band and went to every single game. Now in college, I get to wake up on Saturday mornings and walk down to the field to watch a game in the nice fall air. In the fall, you could be an athlete during your season, or a lover of any fall sport, but it’s always fun to join in on school spirit.

1. Sweatshirt + Shorts Weather

I love the kind of weather where you can wear both a sweatshirt and shorts and feel comfortable. The temperature in September and October is the perfect equilibrium between warm and cool, where you can feel cozy in any outfit on your walk to class, brunch, or going out on the weekend. At the beginning of the school year, I am also more inclined to wear cute outfits in general. It’s all a part of the fresh, new-you look I talked about earlier. Fall is for favorable weather and comfy-cute outfits.

1. Seeing Everyone Again!

This is me saving the best for last – seeing your friends, roommates, or significant other again! When I tell you that I jumped for joy upon seeing some of my favorite people after a summer away, I really mean it. College is so special because not only do you get to spend time with so many people who bring you smiles, you get to basically live with everyone too. One big sleepover every night, for so many nights. 

Here’s to another year full of study dates, coffee runs, going out, staying in, picnics, learning, empowering, and having fun. What could be better than that?

Delilah is a senior editor of Her Campus Kenyon! She is in the class of 2026 and is so excited to write, build community, and have fun at Her Campus.