This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

I miss the time when my biggest dream wasn’t just to land that cute senior before he graduates. When we were kids, we thought we could be whatever we wanted be it a doctor, fireman, princess, pirate, or any combination of those (personally I wanted to be a nun but I don’t think that’s where my life is headed). Somewhere along the line those dreams were squashed, and I want to know why.Lately, I’ve been thinking about all of the things that I want to accomplish in my life, and I have made a general list. I know it may seem impractical, but I don’t care. I have found that dreams and wild aspirations make the day a little more bearable, and it makes you feel like you’re actually working towards something desirable not just a few more years of grad school (which is also on my list of things to do). So without further ado, the list of my wildest dreams:

• Tell people how I really feel
  • Study abroad in Greece
  • Get first place in anything at a ballroom competition
  • Hit a legitimate home run, over the fence
  • Graduate with at least a 3.5 GPA with a major in Classics
  • Attend grad school
  • Visit every continent at least once
  • Road-trip around the US in a VW van with my friends
  • Live in Paris and maybe model a little bit (I’ll definitely be owning an all silk wardrobe)
  • Write for Cosmo magazine and live in NYC
  • Perform in a Broadway musical (preferably Phantom of the Opera, but I’m not picky)
  • Own a farm with at least 20 chickens and one cow
  • Meet and marry the love of my life and have a choreographed ballroom dance at our wedding reception
  • Be on Dancing with the Stars and win
  • Have kids, 2-3 preferably
  • Star in a movie that isn’t a short film or student made
  • Write a novel and have it turned into a movie
  • Become an archaeologist and excavate in Greece and uncover some new Sappho fragments while I’m at it
  • Write a book of poetry based off of Sappho
  • Live by the beach
  • Be someone’s artistic muse and be painted in the style of Sandro Botticelli, maybe become the next Dorian Gray, we’ll see what happens
  • Have some time to sit back and enjoy life

I know a lot of them aren’t too realistic, and I know in my heart of hearts that MAYBE I can’t do all of these in one lifetime. I’ve certainly been told by people that there’s no way I can accomplish all of this, but life is literally the longest thing we’ll ever experience, and I’m sure as heck going to try to get the most out of it as possible. I encourage everyone to make a list of things they wouldn’t even dare to dream about doing and set unrealistic goals because even if you don’t end up doing exactly what you planned, I guarantee you’ll end up with crazy stories to tell at the dinner parties you’ll inexplicably be invited to because you’ll be such an interesting person.

Image Credit: Feature,1, 2

Juliana is a writer for Her Campus Kenyon and is a proud Classics major on the Ancient Greek track. When she isn't writing, you can find her practicing softball for the Kenyon Ladies Varsity Softball Team or practicing ballroom dancing. Don't ask how she manages to do all this while learning to translate Ancient Greek because even she doesn't know. Check her out on social media! twitter: @hoolianya25 instagram: @jules.delsante tumblr: callowromantic@tumblr.com