neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Disney Words of Wisdom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

We grew up watching the movies, loving the songs, and falling in love with the princesses and princes. Even now, in our college years, the masterpieces of Disney are referenced in our daily lives. As college students, we always search for new knowledge to become better, more informed citizens of the world. With that in mind, let’s look back to one of the greatest sources of joy in our childhoods as a source for new wisdom.

(Note: I am including Disney-Pixar films, not only movies made exclusively by Disney.)

1. “Always let your conscience be your guide.” –Blue Fairy, Pinocchio

2. “If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you’ll learn things you never knew.” –Pocahontas, Pocahontas

3. “You control your destiny.” –Merida, Brave

4. “Your only limit is your soul.” –Gusteau, Ratatouille

5. “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.” –Grandmother Willow, Pocahontas

6. “You gotta take the helm, and chart your own course.” –Silver, Treasure Planet

7. “Go. Confront the problem. Fight! Win!” –Edna Mode, The Incredibles

8. “If watching is all you’re going to do, then you’re going to watch your life go by without you.” –Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame

9. “You just need to believe in yourself.” –Rex, Toy Story 2

10. “Look inside yourself. You are more than you have become.” –Mufasa, The Lion King

11. “When you hit bottom, the only place left to go is up.” –Doctor Sweet, Atlantis

12. “Just keep swimming.” –Dory, Finding Nemo

13. “The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.” –Timothy Mouse, Dumbo

14. “Put your faith in what you most believe in.” –Tarzan

15. “Like so many things, it’s not what’s on the outside, but inside that counts.” –The Merchant, Aladdin

16. “You’re never too old to be young.” Snow White, Snow White

17. “The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability.” –Remy, Ratatouille

18. “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” –Cinderella, Cinderella

19. “The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” –Rafiki, The Lion King

20. “Today’s special moments are tomorrow’s memories.” –Genie, The Return of Jafar

Now we’re all as wise as Archimedes (the owl from The Sword in the Stone), and we can face the rest of the semester with confidence!

Image sources:

youtube.com

flickr.com

fanpop.com

telegraph.co.uk

Class of 2017 at Kenyon College. English major, Music and Math double minor. Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Accidentally singing in public, Eating avocados, Adventure, and Star Wars.