5 Five Kenyon Pianos and their Real-Life Counterparts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

As professors crack down on midterms, I know we could all use a break from studying, or at least from falling asleep while trying to study. Haven’t you ever wondered who your favorite pianos around campus remind you of? Neither have most people, but here are all of the answers anyway.

1. Bushnell Lounge Piano: With half of the keys not working, and the others completely out of tune, this piano reminds me of Cameron’s character in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.” Maybe someone should take it for a ride around town.

2. Bemis Music Room Piano: With such a deep, beautiful voice that you would literally pay to listen to all day, this piano couldn’t be a better fit for anyone but the illustrious Morgan Freeman.

3. Bemis Music Room Piano #2: The annoying, nasal voice of this piano reminds me of the obnoxious character Janice from the TV show “Friends.” I can just picture her running in on an old flame, and immediately making him uncomfortable.

4. Storer Practice Room Piano: This ominous-sounding piano is every single one of the famed Alan Rickman’s characters.

5. Gund Ballroom Piano: This piano has been around for forever, and it looks like some of the keys are peeling off, but it’s still enormously enjoyed by all. Who else could it be but beloved Bill Murray?

Happy procrastinating to all, but don’t forget to get in some studying. Or, of course, you could always entertain yourself with a nearby piano. Feel free to comment with your own comparisons!