Why I’m the Best Valentine I’ve Ever Had

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Ah yes, Valentine’s Day. The day girls dust off their old Tinder accounts and panic to find a suitable(ish) person to have their heart for a whole day. Who has my heart this year? Me. The holiday is all about showing appreciation to those around you, yourself included.

I know for a fact that I’m the best Valentine I’ve ever had, simply because of the following reasons:

I’m hilarious

They say you should find someone who makes you laugh. Nobody thinks I’m funnier than I do, so we can just check that off the list.

I spoil myself

I buy myself Chipotle every year. Last year, I really spoiled myself when I bought Chipotle in London and realized that spending £11 was the equivalent of spending $17. Nothing says I love you more than a two-pound burrito, am I right?

I plan great dates

Nobody plans better dates for you than you do. I know what I like and what I don’t like. What I do like is wrapping myself in blankets, so I know that after a Chipotle burrito, a blanket burrito is all I need.  I also know that I LOVE overly dramatic lifetime movies. There’s never a dull moment.

I’m adorable

I don’t have to compliment myself on how good I look because I already know, sorry.

I love myself

Nobody loves me more than I do, except for maybe my mom. It’s a match made in heaven.

Valentine’s Day is about celebrating those who you love. Even if you have a significant other, you can (and should) be your own valentine. You’re a great person, and you should use this day as a way to show yourself some love. Whether that means ordering a pizza and watching Netflix all night in sweatpants, or dressing up and taking yourself somewhere nice, you should do it. Cupid’s arrow hit you, and let’s face it, Cupid is never wrong.

Gina D'Amico

Kent State

Hi! My name is Gina D'Amico and I'm a senior fashion merchandising major at Kent State. I'm from Pittsburgh but I love to wander the world. I have a love for pugs, fashion, and carbs. You can often find me watching lifetime movies with a full sleeve of oreos. 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.