Bgb Editor\'S Letter Hero Image
Bgb Editor\'S Letter Hero Image
Adebusola Abujade / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Some Quality Lip Balms for Your Daily Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

I have chronically chapped lips that last all year long, even in the summer. Chapstick and lip balm have become my closest companions they never leave my pockets or book bag and because of this closeness so work much better than others. Personally, I enjoy a lip balm that is of a Vaseline consistency, has an aesthetically pleasing packaging, and most importantly, actually moisturizes my lips. Here is a list of lip balms and/or chapsticks that I feel deliver on all of these attributes. 

Balm Dotcom 

I love everything Glossier makes, but balm dotcom is maybe the greatest thing ever. It comes in many different wonderful flavors (the coconut is my favorite). This stuff works so well. It keeps my lips moisturized while also giving them a nice glisten. If it got into my mouth it didn’t taste bad and with how the tube is designed, you can easily squeeze the last drop out, so none of the product goes to waste. It is on the pricier side of $12 per tube, but it’s so worth it! 

Burt’s Bees Lip Balm 

Burt’s Bees lip balm is a staple and a classic. It never lets you down and it’s easy to put in your pockets or purse. It doesn’t have that tacky consistency like most stick lip balms have and they have some awesome flavor (the honey and the mango are my favorites). I buy this product at Target all the time and it has never let me down. 

Milk Makeup Kush Lip Balm 

Most peppermint or mint-flavored lip balms are too strong for me and they either burn my lips or make them tingle in a violent way. This lip balm doesn’t do that at all. You barely ever have to apply because it works so well, and because it has peppermint oil in it, it creates this nice cooling sensation on your lips. It also has a magnetic cap and tube, so the cap won’t easily fall off.  Also, I could put lipstick over top of it and it would stay in place. It is on the pricier side, but it delivers quality and effectiveness. 

Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm 

This lip balm is, dare I say, *magical*! I would put this on right before I would go to sleep and I would wake up the next morning and not only would my lips be moisturized but the product would still be on my lips. It’s a lip balm of business being that it’s unscented, but it works crazy well. Also, when I had a cold, I dabbed some of this on my sore nose and it worked well on there, too. 

Vaseline Lip Therapy 

I will be honest, the number one reason I use this is because the packaging is adorable. I love that it’s a tiny vat of Vaseline. I do think this product works well, though. I personally have to reapply a couple of times during a day, but I really love how it feels on my lips when I apply it. For the low cost of it, I think it works really well. 

Lip Smackers 

Lip Smacker is in not the best product ever, but I still love it! It comes in the most fun flavors and colors. Who else is making lip balms that come in soda flavors and multiple different candy flavors? No one– that is who. I also like to buy it because you can buy a pack of six for pretty cheaply and then I can put them in all my bags and coat pockets. It makes me feel nostalgic and it’s fun, so I’ll never stop buying it. 

Keep those lips supple and soft! 

Elaina Mendiola

Kent State '22

Elaina is a Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University. She enjoys watching movies, hanging out with her dogs, thrifting, listening to podcasts, and being with friends. As a Her Campus writer, she hopes to share her passions of fashion and feminism while making others laugh along the way. Her very favorite things are her dog Priscilla, Manrepeller, and the podcast True Crime Obsessed.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.