This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As a kid and even now Fall is my favorite season, but balancing school and other things can sometimes make it a challenge to savor simple Fall moments. However, this does not have to be the case as there are little things that we can do in order to make this Fall memorable.

A staple of Fall is the pumpkin frenzy of foods available during October and early November. If you are someone who is not a big fan of pumpkins or apples, it can be a challenge to enjoy the harvest of Fall when it comes to foods and drinks.

My best advice for such is reminding yourself that everything you consume these months does not have to be pumpkin flavored. Some of the foods I enjoy best while the leaves are changing colors are soups, cookies of any flavor and fruits such as pears and apples.

While everyone may be eager to sip on a classic Starbucks’ pumpkin spice latte, I would recommend enjoying whatever beverage you want to enjoy. Recently, I have been enjoying having a matcha green tea with some honey as it does my throat wonders during this time when my allergies are acting up. If you want to sip on something a little more festive, I would also recommend an apple cinnamon tea with honey or your choice of sweetener.

I know the number one activity to do during Fall is apple picking, although apple picking season is coming to an end. However, there are still plenty of cozy and active Fall activities to do.

One of my personal favorite cozy activities is watching a movie with friends or family. My favorite Fall and technically Halloween watch is Tim Burton’s “Corpse Bride,” but if you are looking for something more cozy I would recommend “Runaway Bride” or any other Julia Roberts’ rom-com.

For these movie nights or days, I would recommend taking the time to make a sweet treat that you have never tried before. A few days ago, my friends made hot pudding and I would definitely recommend giving it a try as it is such a perfect Fall treat due to it being warm and simple to make.

Continuing with Fall activities that involve spending time with friends or family, a game night is always a great idea regardless of the season! My friends and I personally enjoy playing “Hues and Cues”, but I would also add a few rounds of “Clue” can also put everyone in the Fall spirit.

Currently, a new Fall activity of mine is listening to different music while I’m doing things like homework or cleaning. I recently started listening to Jeff Buckley, and his entire album “Grace” is definitely a good recommendation for someone interested in listening to music that reminds them of Fall.

Other albums that remind me of Fall and I would recommend people to listen to would be Taylor Swift’s albums “Evermore” and “Folklore”, Maisie Peter’s “The Good Witch” and Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumors.”

Another Fall activity that I would recommend doing is taking a walk and venturing into a nearby city or town close to you. This gives you the opportunity to shop at new stores while also witnessing the beauty that fall has to offer. For this activity, I would recommend also visiting a different coffee shop than you’re normally used to and trying a different drink.

Cozying up with a book is definitely the most coziest fall activity that someone can do. If you don’t know what book to read, there are plenty of articles offering book recommendations such as my article from last year about books to read around Halloween time. I would also add “The Secret History” by Donna Tart, “All’s Well” by Mona Awad and “Death in Her Hands” by Ottessa Moshfegh are also great Fall reads!

In short, Fall is a time all about rest and relaxation, so do whatever activity allows you the most relaxation, chances are you’ll savor that experience the most.

Adriana Gasiewski

Kent State '26

Adriana Gasiewski is sophomore Journalism major with a minors in Italian and English. Besides being the Philanthropy and Community Events Coordinator and on the editorial team for Her Campus, she is also a cultural and diversity beat reporter for KentWired. Some of her favorite things to do besides writing include reading, drawing and listening to music.