The Laladoc Martens
The Laladoc Martens
Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Let’s be honest, most, if not all of us, went through a “phase” as our mothers may attest to. In fact, some of us may still be in this phase. (Shamelessly, raises hand.) We pop-punk and emo fans tend to get a bad rep for loving sad music, and WE DO. However, we also dabble in songs that are incredibly full of love and positivity, perfect for some sexy times and romantic evenings this Valentine’s Day. I present to you a short playlist of your favorite tunes of love by your favorite alternative and emo artists. Let the eyeliner thickening… COMMENCE!

1. “Love At First Sight” – The Brobecks

The multi-talented Dallon Weekes brought the love in 2009 and will continue to bring it right now with his new band iDKHOW

2. “Ground Control” – All Time Low feat. Tegan and Sara

Alex Gaskarth is always there to keep us grounded. 

3. “Tear In My Heart” – Twenty One Pilots

What’s a great emo playlist without TOP????

4. “Into Your Arms” – The Maine

Play The Maine whenever you need a good, heartfelt cry!

5. “Girls / Girls / Boys” – Panic! At The Disco

Panic! hits us with the romantic feels, as well as a heavy dose of PRIDE! Wave your rainbow flags!

6. “Love Like Woe” – The Ready Set

If you kinda feel like love doesn’t make sense… yeah, you came to the right song. 

7. “America’s Suitehearts” – Fall Out Boy

I must confess, I am in love with Pete Wentz this Valentine’s Day and every day. 

8. “I Love You, Will You Marry Me” – YUNGBLUD

Yes. One thousand times YES!

9. “Lucky People” – Waterparks

This band makes us all feel like lucky people during this season of love.

10. The Only Exception” – Paramore

We’re all hoping to be rolling in V-Day cards like Hayley Williams, here.

11. “>

12. “Thunder” – Boys Like Girls

This song strikes our hearts like lightning. 

13. “All For You” – Night Riots

This song is a pile of sap. You may cry, throw up or BOTH.

14. “Stolen” – Dashboard Confessional

This song takes us back to sweet teenage romance movies. Best end credit song ever!

15. “Endlessly” – The Cab

Any lyric of this song would make a good romantic tattoo.

In love with jokes, comprehensive sex ed and Stephen Colbert-- (Stephen, call me!) Kent State University Class of 2020, Current Freelance Journo Follow @MaSerra8 on Twitter and email mariaserra@hercampus.com for PR pitches!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.