Reasons Why Coachella is Better than FlashFest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s Coachella season, which means by now your Instagram feeds are flooded with photos of girls in braids and crocheted bikini tops. The mother of all music festivals poses a sharp contrast to every other music-related event. Ever. Here are seven reasons Coachella is better than FlashFest.

1. Better performers

Coachella features the most popular musicians and DJs, instead of the band you used to love in the seventh grade.

2. You won’t get rained on (or snowed on)

Ohio weather can be unpredictable, but sunny California never disappoints.

3. Camping> dorm life

Because it’s highly likely that you’ll have more space to move around in a tent than in your room in Eastway.

4. You never need to wash your hair

Dry shampoo + floppy hat= perfect Coachella combo

5. Better photo ops

Do it for the Gram.

6. Celeb sightings

Because the most exciting person you’re ever going to see on campus is Beverly Warren (We love you, Bev!)

7. You get to dress up

There are some clothing combinations that can only be worn to music festivals (and literally nowhere else). People pull out all the stops for Coachelle and put together some of the most interesting and eclectic outfits.

While we still love Flahsfest, a trip to the California Valley would be pretty hard to turn down. The grass is always greener on the other side…

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.