This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

So you’re a self-proclaimed fashionista who’s craving some new inspiration? Check out these movies that are guaranteed to entertain and inspire!

Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961) Starring Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard

Most of the general population can identify this movie and know how iconic it is in the fashion world. Golightly’s little black dress set a standard that is still followed today.

Clueless (1995) Starring Alicia Silverstone and Stacey Dash

90s style is captured perfectly is this teen comedy classic. From plaid minis to an eclectic collection of hats, this film remains relevant 20 years later.

Marie Antoinette (2006) Starring Kirsten Dunst and Jason Schwartzman

You can’t go wrong with any movie winning the Academy Award for Best Costume Design. This film is aesthetically beautiful. It really portrays the decadence of French royalty.

The Devil Wears Prada (2006) Starring Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep

This movie introduced me to the industry. As viewers, we get to see Hathaway’s character transform from the girl next door, to the ideal assistant, to the editor.

The Great Gatsby (2013) Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan

This film and its 1974 adaptation both depict the fast and fabulous life of 1920s socialites. Although the costumes aren’t 100% historically accurate, they sure are fun to look at. 

Talor Bly

Kent State

Hey, I'm Talor! I am a Sophmore Fashion Merch Major and Marketing Minor at Kent State University. I love traveling, laughter, and perfect weather.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.