Living in a dorm with no air conditioning as told by the Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

You have finally settled on a long hard decision on choosing the best college for yourself in February. You pay the housing deposit and start looking for a potential roommate. Then summer rolls around and people start getting their housing assignments. You didn’t think that you put down your housing deposit that late until you find out what hall you’re in. And then you hear the bad news: Your dorm doesn’t have air conditioning. So you think to yourself, “How bad can that be?” But then…

On move in day you step into your 90 degree dorm and all you can think is:

You immediately whip out every fan you brought and open the windows and your dorm only drops down one degree.

So you try to hangout in the lounges or the library to help yourself cool down, but at the end of the night you have to go back to your scorching hot dorm and the only thing on your mind is:

And then at night you have to sleep naked with no bed sheets on you which is literally the most uncomfortable thing ever. So you pray to God for cold weather.

Maybe you even decide to try sleeping with a frozen water bottle and then you realize how desperate you have become.

But just when you stop hoping for a miracle, it happens. You feel that first cold gust of wind through your window and your inner child comes out. It finally starts to become cold enough in your dorm to sleep under a blanket without waking up sweating. And you couldn’t possibly be more excited.

And now that your dorm is finally cool enough to be able to relax in, you think to yourself: “I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else”.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.