free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Interview Outfit Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As our college career progresses, there are more and more opportunities for internships and jobs. Wondering what is appropriate and expected of your interview outfit? Check out this handy guide!

If you’re going for a creative/design position, wear a simple, professional look with one statement piece. The statement piece can be anything that shows your personal sense of style, however nothing too outlandish. I love this look’s simplicity and the blazer shows off her personality well.

If you’re going for a position in the corporate world, try something very classic like a well-tailored blazer and trouser. Nothing flashy would work in this case. Neutral colors are a must. Leave the bright colors at home for this one. This look is very conservative yet chic, which works well for women our age.

If you’re interviewing for a startup or any position that has a more casual atmosphere, go for a more casual yet smart look. A nice sweater or blouse with fitted pants or even dark wash jeans would work well. The person interviewing you may be wearing a t-shirt and cargos, but you want to show respect without being too formal.

Remember you only get one first impression so make it count! Dress to impress!

Talor Bly

Kent State

Hey, I'm Talor! I am a Sophmore Fashion Merch Major and Marketing Minor at Kent State University. I love traveling, laughter, and perfect weather.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.