How to Prepare for Finals Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Mark Your Calendars. Click here to view the exam schedule. Make sure to add the date, time, and location to your calendar so you don’t accidentally miss it.

Set Goals. Know what grades you need to get on each exam to get that 4.0 you have been working towards all semester.  

Plan Ahead. Know which finals cover material from the entire year and which finals only cover material from the midterm on. Then, decide how much time you need to put into studying for each exam. Also, if you plan ahead and begin to prepare earlier you will have more time to deal with unexpected issues due to the craziness of finals.

Check out opportunities on campus! USG hosts a Study-A-Thon in the ballroom every semester. In the past it has taken place the Sunday before finals from 10am to 10pm. 50 minutes out of every hour are quiet for studying. Then, 10 minutes of every hour are a break. Music is played, prizes are given out, and food is provided. This is a great way to study with friends! There are many more finals related events happening on campus, just keep an eye out!

Sarah Cahn

Kent State

Ciao! My name is Sarah and I am a graduate student working towards my MBA. I graduated from Kent in May with a degree in Fashion Merchandising. I am a gluten free world traveler, wine lover, and Olsen enthusiast.