This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Here are the four easy steps I used to put together my gallery wall in my bedroom this year!

Find an Inspiration Picture

The best way to find an inspiration image is to look on Pinterest. If you just type in “gallery wall” you will get a million different images that come up. I used the theme of my room to help me narrow down an inspirational image that matched exactly what I wanted. When I searched “boho gallery wall,” the first image that came up was exactly what I was looking for.

Go Shopping for Your Items

Once you have found your inspiration picture or pictures, it is time to go shopping! I went to various thrift stores and other home decor stores to pick up vintage frames, shelves, a clock and a mirror as my focal point. I also went ahead and printed out some images that matched my theme for the frames.

Play Around With Different Layouts

Once I had all the items I wanted, I laid them out on my bedroom floor in different layouts until I found the one I liked best. Make sure to take a picture of each layout, so you don’t forget how you want it to look.

Put Up Your Gallery Wall

The last step is to get everything on the wall! I ended up not measuring anything, and it still turned out great! However, if you have a lot of things you want to hang, it may be a better idea to measure things out.

That is it! This was such a fun and easy DIY project that didn’t cost a lot of money or take a lot of time, but it turned out to be my favorite part of my room by far.

Natalie is a freshman fashion merchandising student with a double minor in marketing and fashion media at Kent State. At home in Springboro, Ohio she enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her dog, Maci. Her interests include fashion, beauty, lifestyle, dogs and much more! In high school, she danced and participated in her high school's choir and theater program. While her studies are very important to her, she does enjoy being involved in many clubs and organizations including the Fashion Student Organization, Modista, and of course Her Campus. She hopes to one day live in a big city working for a fashion magazine, and just generally doing what she loves.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.