This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Tis the season. (Almost!)

It’s never too early to start planning for your Christmas wish-list. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday just around the corner, there’s no better time than now to throw your list together. With the help of my article, I’ll suggest items that are college-friendly, practical, timeless and useful beyond just the trends of the holiday season. You’re making your list and checking it twice- and we are, too.

matching Pajama set
Pinterest

Personally, pajamas are an essential part of the holiday season. I remember every year my mom would gift me and my sister a new set of pajamas on Christmas Eve. There’s nothing better than snuggling up by the fireplace and watching Christmas movies in a new pair of pajamas complete with socks and slippers. This year, make your pajamas more timeless by opting for florals, waffle knit, neutral tones and sherpa. They’ll follow you into the next season and won’t be ditched as soon as the tree goes down. My favorite places to purchase pajamas include Aerie, Brandy Melville and Target. Make sure to grab your favorite chunky knit or fuzzy socks to complete your look.

Organizers (the cute kind)
Pinterest

I know what you’re probably thinking, organizers for Christmas? It’s not as boring as it sounds, I promise! Whether you’re living in a dorm or in your first apartment, you will never have too many organizers. From stashing your desk supplies like pens and stickie notes to storing your makeup and skincare, there’s nothing more useful than an organizer that is as cute as it is functional. Walking through the aisles of Target, you’re likely to see woven knit or neutral baskets to store all your supplies in. While those options are amazing, I’ve been opting for acrylic bins and pink plastic storage crates like the one seen above. Of course, storage includes makeup bags as well. Floral, quilted or teddy makeup bags are especially popular this season. Above all else, these organizers are the type that you won’t mind leaving out on the counter.

at-home spa day essentials
Pinterest

There’s so many self care items that you can indulge in this holiday season! My personal favorites include skin care tools such as an ice roller, gua sha and jade roller. Take it one step beyond the basics and add a plush robe and microfiber hair towel to your list. With all of the above in your arsenal, you’ll enjoy your usual skincare routine and face masks more than ever before.

OIL DIFFUSER
Pinterest

Oil diffusers are the best way to make your space cozy for the season. Along with a quality diffuser, be sure to add a set of holiday oils to your list. Some of my favorites include clove, cedarwood, pine, peppermint and cinnamon. It’ll smell like you’re baking cookies year round, without harmful additives, fragrances and irritants.

SILK PILLOWCASE
Pinterest

A silk pillowcase is likely the best thing I’ve done for my skin and hair. If you’re a hot sleeper like me, you’ll love how these pillowcases stay cool on both sides. You can even get silk pillowcases that are antibacterial and help heal acne even while you sleep! They are soft, soothing and look amazing on your bed when the light hits it- what’s not to love. I got mine from Kristin Ess, but there’s a huge color range by Slip and Kitsch, found at Ulta and Sephora.

BLUE LIGHT GLASSES
Pinterest

Lastly, it’s important to mention blue light glasses. If you’re sitting at your computer for more than an hour a day doing schoolwork, these are more than necessary. These glasses are light, cute and can be thrown on when running to class on a no-makeup day. Besides shielding my eyes from harmful blue rays that impact your sleep, they are especially useful to wear while driving at night or when you’re under florescent grocery store lights. Whatever you’re doing this holiday season, blue light glasses will be an easy addition to your everyday life.

Alexis Kirby

Kent State '23

Alexis is a senior majoring in Applied Communication with a minor in Advertising at Kent State. She's passionate about all things beauty, lifestyle, and everyday luxury.