This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Christmas and the holidays are right around the corner, and as the semester is ending, your dorm room could seem cold and drab.  By adding these easy DIY decorations the snowy college campus will seem more jolly!

Christmas tree photo wall

Hanging lights up brings warmth to any room, especially in a small room like a dorm. By zigzagging the lights up the wall, it mimics a Christmas tree. Adding pictures as the “ornaments” can embellish the lights and make them more festive.

Adorned Windows

The curtains in dorm rooms can be boring, but, with the addition of ornaments hung by fishing wire, windows will be decorated for the holidays! Adding some garland and a ribbon at the top could make it extra sparkly. A Kent State-themed window would be extra festive! 

Mason Jar Madness

This would be the perfect addition to set on a desk! After cleaning a mason jar, paint it the color of your choice. For an extra rustic feel, you could rub sandpaper over the jar to make it more worn out.  Then, tie ribbon around the top for added decoration and texture.  By adding pine leaves and cones holly, or any other festive garnish, the jar is sure to be a cute winter desk accessory.      

Hello! I am a freshman Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.