Her Campus Kent State’s “Girl’s Night Out” with Carnaby Street Style!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

This past Friday night the girls of Her Campus Kent State had a “Girl’s Night Out” at Carnaby Street Style, a local clothing boutique here in Kent. If you have never been to Carnaby Street Style, you need to check it out! Carnaby Street Style privides the Kent community with the latest and greatest fashions for the upcoming seasons.

Emma Kennel came up with idea for Carnaby Street Style from a VIP boutique in London, England when visiting with her family in June of 2012. She noted how every store on Carnaby Street was independent, had a unique theme and really got her thinking about what she could offer to Kent.  Emma said she had a business plan for a store for years and it wasn’t until this experience that everything fell into place.

Emma went to college at Bowling Green State University, she majored in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing. She grew up in the area and both of her siblings attended Kent State. When she saw the redevelopment of downtown Kent, she knew it was where she wanted to open up her business. The store officially opened its doors on December 17th, 2012. Since opening, Emma said she has met some of the most amazing, kind and inspirational people that have become friends and some even like family to her–this has allowed her to truly keep her passion alive. “You have to go into business doing something you love, because it will be your life” Emma said. “It is a challenge, but it is the best type of challenge. And working to make your dreams come true is the best way to live. Live to work, don’t work to live.”

“A Girl’s Night Out” put on by Carnaby Street Style started three years ago. It is a private event where your group, whether it’s a school group, a bridal shower or even bachelorette party gets to visit the store when it is closed and your group gets two private hours to shop, snack, enter a raffle and talk with the employees. The night also consists of your choice of 15 percent off your purchase or 15 percent going towards a charity of your choice.

For the girls of Her Campus Kent State, this event was a fun way to take a break from our busy school scedule, bond with the girls in our chapter, visit and get to know a local, small business here in Kent.

If your group wants to know more about how to have a “Girls Night Out” or you just want to visit the store and find out more, check them out on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook! @Carnabyststyle

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.