Guide to the Perfect Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Popularized by the character Leslie Knope from NBC’s Parks and Recreation, Galentine’s Day has grown into an actual event for women everywhere. On the show Leslie celebrates with her closest gal pals on February 13. The celebration calls for good food and good times.

The first step to creating the perfect Galentine’s Day is to get your closest friends together. Pick a time and place that works for everyone. Whether it’s a restaurant or someone’s place, find a common meeting spot.

The next step is to pick up special gifts for everyone. This can be anything from their favorite candy or that new MAC lipstick they’ve been eyeing. Or, you can scour Pinterest for a cool DIY gift. As an alternative to gifts, your group of friends might want to do something together such as see a movie or get mani-pedis.

Now onto the best part, FOOD! In the show, Leslie and her friends enjoy brunch, but feel free to switch it up and try lunch or dinner. Indulge in your favorite foods with you favorite people.

Finally the most meaningful part of this day is treasuring the wonderful connection you have with these ladies. Be extra appreciative of each other’s company on this day and enjoy the memories you all are making. 

Talor Bly

Kent State

Hey, I'm Talor! I am a Sophmore Fashion Merch Major and Marketing Minor at Kent State University. I love traveling, laughter, and perfect weather.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.