Gabrielle Woodard: President of PRSSA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Photo by: Brenna Parker

Her Campus had the opportunity to interview the cupcake connoisseur, Doug the Pug loving, president of PRSSA, Gabrielle Woodard. Check out our interview below!

Her Campus: What is your major and year in school?

Gabrielle Woodard: Public relations, junior 

HC: What do you plan on doing after school?
GW: I plan on moving to Washington, D.C., and working for the government or a corporation that works with the government.

HC: What extracurriculars are you in? 
GW: I am a member of the sorority, Alpha Phi, and am the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) here at Kent State. I am currently also a part of the Bateman Blue team of the Bateman Case Study Competition. Bateman is a competition where teams across the country are given a client and must create and implement a full PR campaign. My team has created the Supporters of Student Veterans of America. You can check it out here.  

HC: Wow! That is so much to handle. How do you balance it all?
GW: I live by my color coded planner, I am lost without it.

HC: We TOTALLY understand color coding planners! So, what is your favorite memory so far during your time in school? 
GW: My favorite memory as of right now was meeting Brian Lamb, the founder of CSPAN at the CSPAN headquarters in D.C. 

Photo by: Brenna Parker

HC: That’s amazing that you were able to spend some time in D.C. last year, what exactly did you do while you were there? 
GW: While I was in Washington, I interned in the Office of Legislative Affairs at the Federal Communications Commission. I attended hearings, prepared memos and did research. I was fortunate enough to be at the agency during the net neutrality decision and the events leading up to it. 

HC: I’m sure that was an amazing experience for someone who wants to go into politics. What inspired you to start your blog
GW: My time in Washington really inspired me to start my blog. I think there is something in politics that everyone could find some interest in, and I wanted to help people find those niches. 

HC: Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? 
GW: In the next 10 years, I want a townhouse in Georgetown, a french bulldog named Nacho and a pug named Chalupa. I also want to be as in love with my career as I am right now. 

Thank you so much for sitting down with us, Gabrielle and letting us get to know you more. We cannot wait to see you in The White House one day…move over Hillary Clinton, Gabrielle Woodard for the first female president! 

Follow Gabrielle on social media:
Instagram: @GgtakesDC
Twitter: @GgtakesDC
Danie Minor

Kent State

Hey there! My name is Danie Minor, and I am a recent graduate of Kent State. I was a PR major who minored in Fashion Media Writing. I am currently on the job hunt and would love to work within the lifestyle PR realm. I am a city girl from the D.C. metro area. Make sure you check out my personal blog: Definingdanie.com! You can also find me on socialite @danieminor13!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.