thought catalog IcUbKfIuQ70 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog IcUbKfIuQ70 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Fun Activities To Do While in Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As we all know by now, the coronavirus has taken the world by storm and has infected thousands of individuals already. First detected back in December of 2019 in China, the Coronavirus has spread like wildfire. Although medical professionals have not found a cure, the best thing we can do to protect one another is to self-quarantine. 

Personally, the idea of self-quarantining sounds dreadful. However, this past week I have found a few activities that have made this terrible situation a bit better! Below are some activities to pass this “social distancing” time. 

Board Games

As I’ve grown older, I’ll admit I haven’t played a lot of board games. Nonetheless, this is the perfect time to break out your old board games and play them! I was quickly reminded of how fun they truly are when you play with your siblings/parents. My favorites include the classics such as: Clue, Monopoly, Jenga, Scrabble, The Game of Life, and more. If you are of age, try adding some alcohol in the mix to spice the game up. 

Clothing DIYS

Have any unused clothing items that are just sitting in the back of your closet? Break them out and get to work. As a matter of fact, upcycling your clothes can be easier than you think. You do not have to be crazy artistic to do any of the DIY’s that I mention. One easy DIY that I love doing is simply painting on your clothes. You can use acrylic paint, however, I recommend using fabric paint that way you can easily wash your clothes without worrying about the color fading.

Go for a hike

The simple task of going outside for a walk can change your mood drastically. You do not need to go to a park, you can simply just take a stroll down your street. The weather is starting to get nice and warm as well, which is a plus. If you have a dog, he/she will definitely appreciate this.

Deep clean your living space

With all this time on your hands, you might as well tidy up your living space. Since being at college, I haven’t had the time to go through my room and get rid of items I never use. Thus, I decided to start organizing my desk. As a matter of fact, It was actually fun and in a way therapeutic. Looking at old photos and artwork left me reminiscing about my childhood. I definitely recommend this for a good laugh!

Find a new book

What’s better than snuggling up with a blanket and reading a good book? Nothing! I’ve never been a huge reader, however, once I found a genre I loved I became obsessed. If you’re anything like me and you like romance and mystery novels, I recommend any book by Colleen Hoover. I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

Hopefully these activities help you stay positive and healthy during this tough time.

Livi Harmat

Kent State '23

Livi is a junior studying Fashion Merchandsing at Kent State University. In her free time, Livi can be found taking photos, reading, and going to trendy (but yummy) restaurants
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.