The First 5 Things You Do After Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Almost every sorority woman can relate to the craziness that is known as formal recruitment. It’s one of the busiest and most hectic weeks of the school year. Sorority women can attest to the amount of sleep you lose during formal recruitment and the emotions that run high.When bid day finally rolls around you forget about all of the sleepless nights because there’s no better feeling than having so many perfect new members run into your arms! For the past couple of weeks now, Her Campus has covered the do’s and don’ts of sorority recruitment, but now what? It’s bittersweet to admit, but recruitment has come to an end and Her Campus has compiled a list of the first 5 things we do post recruitment:

1. Add all of the perfect new members on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, making sure to creep on them all.

2. Eat an actual meal. Between classes, recruitment and trying to squeeze in sleep any chance you get, eating a substantial meal falls to the bottom of your priorities. I know I found myself eating pizza at least 4 times during recruitment. Now that recruitment is over it’s time to detox and get those vital nutrients back in you, however it is that you define nutrients.

3. After a good meal it’s time to sleep, sleep and sleep some more. 

4. Attempt to catch up on all of the homework you’ve put off, the emails you’ve ignored and the calls you’ve sent to voicemail.

5. Lastly, did I mention sleep? For the first week after recruitment you’re going to want to go into hibernation mode, but there’s new sisters out there waiting to get to know you, so keep reminding yourself that “You can sleep when you’re dead” and get out there and meet your new sisters! 

Sophomore, Public relations major at the beautiful, Kent State University. I'm overly involved in extra curriculars and have a 4.0 GPA. Not kidding about being overly involved. Definitely kidding about the 4.0 GPA. I love Greek life, I'm obsessed with John Mayer and most recently my favorite book is "Gone Girl." I have an addictive personality. Which basically means if I like a netflix series, I will be hibernating for the next week until I finish all 6 seasons. If I had 3 wishes, I would wish for world peace, that chipotle would stop being so stingy with their chicken portioning and that I was born with some sort of athletic talent. I love meeting new people and trying new things. The end.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.