This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.
Kent State is known for their safety; we see it in the number of police always patrolling around campus and the blue emergncy towers every couple of feet. Wouldn’t you want something in your hands to help you if you were ever put in a threatening position? BlueLight is an empowering mobile safety app making its way through Kent’s campus to help you stay connected and get you help fast. Not only is this app available for our iPhones but also our Androids.

This app has two amazing features that students should be aware of. The first safety feature of this app is the Request Help button. This button will call the nearest police station. For us, Kent City Police will be notified within 2-5 seconds. Not only will this notify Kent Police, it will also give them your exact location to save you time. 

The other amazing feature is called On My Way. This allows you to list five emergency contacts who can be notified even if they don’t have the app downloaded. The On My Way feature will send automatic texts to your contacts to let them know your location, and if you’ve arrived to your destination. This doesn’t have to be for emergency situations, but for something as simple as walking home from the library at night. This can give parents the confidence to send their children off to college and students the confidence to walk across campus knowing they have safety at their fingertips.

To learn more about this app, click here to go to their website.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.