The Countdown begins for Tracee Elise Ross’s Capsule Collection!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Black women have been showing the world what real diversity looks like! Following  Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty product and ads campaign launch, Tracee Ellis Ross announced she would be collaborating with JCPenney to launch an exclusive holiday collection. Yes, the Tracee Ellis Ross, Golden Globe winner, known for her role as Rainbow Johnson on Black-ish, and iconic bold and sophisticated style, is fulfilling her dreams in launching a collection inclusive of many different shapes and sizes. Tracee Ellis is truly my style AND hair icon, so when I heard she would be releasing a 45-piece holiday collection at JCPenney I immediately marked my calendar. And, here’s why you should do the same:

• First of all, it is TRACY ELISE ROSS (that should be all the reasoning you need)
  • There is something affordable to everyone (even a “broke” college student like me). Each piece is under $100!!!
  • Makes the perfect holiday gift for your girlfriends (OR treat yo self)
  • It accomplishes her main goal to design a collection that everyone can feel beautiful in, no matter your size, gender, or any other characteristics that make each individual unique and beautiful. It was very important to her to design a line that not only came in sizes small to 3X, but allowed sizes small to 3X feel comfortable
  • Her collection has work wear, casual attire, evening wear, and even PAJAMAS
  • The capsule collection not only includes women’s apparel items but home décor and accessories, too
  • Her sneak peak of the $74 “Glow” pink sequin covered midi dress plus a few more items from her exclusive collection was enough to get anyone excited

Thank you, Tracee Elise (my TV mom), for being set on inclusivity for your collection-From the well-designed garments to the advertising campaigns. This collection will empower me and many other women to “feel good in our skin and feel joyful in our clothes”.

Tracee Ellis Ross for JCPenney hit stores and online at jcp.com/TraceeEllisRoss on November 12th,2017.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.