A Classy Girl Gets Involved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Being a woman in college means being yourself and doing what you love! It is so important that you find clubs and organizations that bring out the best in you. Here is some advice for picking clubs and finding the right organization for you!

A Classy Girl Does What Makes Her Happy

If you find Knitting Club awesome, do it! If you’re more of a math and science girl, there are tons of clubs and organizations on campus just for you. There are 300 clubs and organizations, find one that interests you and dive in!

A Classy Girl Is Not A Follower

Just because the girls on your floor want to be a part of an organization, does not mean you have to! Find a club that makes you happy and everything else will fall into place.P.S. Joining a club is a great way to make friends that have similar interests!

A Classy Girl Is Committed

Once you find your place, make sure to give it the attention it deserves. A lot goes into organizing clubs, so make sure to show respect to the hard working people behind them by replying to emails, showing up to meetings and contributing your ideas.

Being involved on campus is what makes you feel truly at home. So put yourself out there and you do you girl! You can find a list of Kent State’s clubs and organizations along with their contact info here.

I am currently a freshman at Kent State and I love it here! I just declared my major as journalism and I would love to become a book editor/publisher!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.