This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Name: Mayzie Kohler

Age: 20

Major: Early Childhood Education

HerCampus: How did you decide on your major?

Mayzie Kohler: I love working with children and shaping their young minds to better them and the world.

HC: What is your dream job?

MK: I would love to be a second grade teacher. In my opinion, it is the perfect grade. They are independent, yet still dependent.

HC: Why Kent State?

MK: As soon as I walked on campus, I fell in love and knew this was going to be my new home.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

MK: I am a Sigma Sigma Sigma and love going to campus events. If you get the chance, get involved on campus; it really makes a difference!

HC: What do you hope to get involved with and take on in your next years at Kent State?

MK: I want to get involved in other groups on campus.

HC: What is your advice to other Kent students?

MK: It’s important to achieve academically and to give it your all, but it’s also really important to stop and make memories. We only have a few short years here.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

MK: I love crafting and hanging out with my friends! My roommate, Tori, and I religiously watch Keeping up with the Kardashians every week. 

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.