This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With recruitment season coming to an end, thousands of girls across America are finding their homes in various sororities. New Member Educators are the behind the scenes superheroes who shape these new girls in to amazing women any chapter could be proud of. Meet Lindsey, the New Member Educator for the Lambda Delta chapter of Chi Omega!

Name: Lindsey Kerr

Year in School: Senior

Major: Early Childhood Education

Hometown: Canton, Ohio

Why do you love Chi Omega?

LK: I love Chi Omega because it allows me to be part of something bigger than myself. I was lucky enough to be able to go to convention this summer where I got to meet thousands of Chi Omegas from all over the country. One of the women I met was in her nineties and just reminded me that Chi Omega really is for a lifetime.

What’s your favorite part about being a new member educator?

LK: My favorite part is seeing the new members come out of their shells and find their home away from home. I love seeing the transformation they make from nervous new members to flourishing Chi Omegas. I love being a part of that process and helping them get to know their future sisters and become better versions of themselves.

What’s the hardest part about being a new member educator?

LK: The hardest part is the time commitment. There really is a lot of behind the scenes work. But it is all worth it in the end.

What advice do you like to give your new members going into their new member period?

LK: My advice is to get involved as much as you can. I did not when I was a new member and I really regret it. You really do get out of it what you put in it. Go to as much as you can and meet as many girls as you are able to in order to ensure that you are getting all that Chi Omega has to offer.

Favorite thing to watch your new members experience?

LK: Revelation week! It’s the best week of the year and when the new members really start to come out of their shells and have fun!

What do you hope to be doing five years from now?

LK: I hope to be a successful kindergarten teacher somewhere along the coast and enjoying time with family and friends. :)

Keep up the amazing work Lindsey, we are so proud of you and lucky to have you as our New Member Educator!

Ally Strok

Kent State

Applied Communications and Public Relations major at Kent State University. Member of Chi Omega sorority. I love coffee, Paris, the Browns, my cat, and pizza.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.