Campus Celeb: Courtney Yoder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Meet Courtney, Communications Chair of Flashanthropy!

Name: Courtney Yoder

Year: Sophomore

Major/Minor: Human Development and Family Studies with a concentration in Family Life Education

Hometown: New Springfield, OH

How did you get involved in Flashanthropy and what are the duties of your position?

I heard about it during welcome weekend, signed up for the emails and started going to meetings. The former secretary had to leave and I was asked to fill in. Shortly after we changed the format of our executive board to having 4 committees, each with a Chairperson leading. I am the communication chair. My team handles all publicity, social media, and recruitment

What is your favorite memory being a part of Flashanthropy?

Our team for flash-a-thon. We all got dressed up including face paint and had a really good time.

What do you want people to know about Flashanthropy?

We’re a student-run philanthropy group that raises money for undergrad scholarships. We’ve given out 3 $2500 scholarships. Basically we are Kent State students helping Kent State students.

What are your goals as organization going forward?

Our goals include getting our name out there, so people know what we stand for. Also, to help students understand the importance of giving and raising more money for the scholarship.

How can others get involved?

There is an application and interview process. Recruitment will start next semester for general members and to fill positions of those who are graduating.

Talor Bly

Kent State

Hey, I'm Talor! I am a Sophmore Fashion Merch Major and Marketing Minor at Kent State University. I love traveling, laughter, and perfect weather.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.