Style > Beauty

What Brad Pitt’s New Skincare Line is all About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With the boom of celebrity brands such as Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty and Jlo skincare: JLo Beauty, it is hard for consumers to differentiate between an actual product line that works versus a quick cash grab. Actor and Film Producer Brad Pitt is one of the newest celebs to enter the beauty realm, announcing his skincare line- Le Domaine Skincare and consumers are torn. A big question about this line is if it’s yet another celeb cash grab or a new wave of beauty.

About the Brand

Le Domaine was launched in late September of 2022 with the goal of minimizing the effects of aging while using novel combinations of wine remnants. Pitt’s company also markets itself as “environmentally friendly and gender neutral.” Products will be made from recyclable glass bottles and jars, and the Oak Tree cap is leftover wood from wine barrels.

“More than just offering a line of anti-aging treatments, Le Domaine wants to help slow down the signs of skin aging and give everyone, regardless of gender or skin type, the opportunity to age well.”

https://le-domaine.com/

Some Critiques

Pitt is not necessarily known for his expertise in beauty, which is one of his most extensive critiques from the beauty space. Consumers would rather support a company, especially a skincare line, formulated by knowledgeable experts that will actually work. Le Domaine uses the novel combination of GSM10 (combination of marc from Grenache seeds, Syrah seeds and skins associated with a post-biotic micro-organism) and ProGR3 (combination of three natural molecules present in plant extracts – vine sarments, camomile and green tea). Dermatologists note that since these active ingredients are extremely new and lack research, it’s hard to tell how well the products will work.

Not to mention, the products are marketed at ridiculously high prices that the average consumer will most likely not purchase them. For example, Le Domaine’s The Serum is approximately priced at $385.00 US Dollars (1 fluid oz), The Cream is $275.00 US Dollars (1.7 fluid oz) and the cheapest full-size product in the line is The Cleansing Emululsion which is priced at $70.00 US Dollars (3.38 fluid oz). Beauty Gurus and Skincare experts claim that due to the high prices of these products compared to the low cost of production, all consumers will be doing is lining the pockets of another millionaire celebrity.

@lisagrrera

Replying to @caloash logging off✌️✌️ like at this point it’s embarrassing! #greenscreen #celebbrand #celebrity #bradpitt #celebskincare

♬ Elevator Music – Bohoman

Consumers have the option to purchase “Replenishments and Travel Products” in January of 2023. The Serum refill is $300.00, which saves you $85.00 compared to the full size. Now, what is the difference between the two sizes you might ask? Well, the refill is simply the product without the Oak Tree cap. Not only is the cap priced at $85.00, but in reality, consumers are purchasing similar amounts of product and packaging which is not as environmentally friendly as the brand portrays.

Final Thoughts? A Cash Grab?

Customers do not want to spend their hard-earned money on a new skincare line that lacks dermatologists’ stamp of approval- especially with a price tag that is well over $100 dollars. With the market full of brands that have well-established products that work and are sold at reasonable prices- Pitt’s line may just be another celebrity brand that the average consumer will pass over.

Ally Greco

Kent State '24

Heya! My name is Ally. As a recent transfer student to Kent University, I want to share my experiences, thoughts, and passions. I am a 3rd year majoring in Psychology- hence the mental health articles. I have an orange cat named Pumpkin who is five years old.