This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Every girl has a laundry list of activities she wishes to accomplish during the summer that is always far too short. Here are eight things you MUST do and they’re all easy. These simple things will make you feel like you are on top of the world for three months. SCHOOL IS ALMOST OUT!

1. Go night swimming.

Night swimming is far superior to day swimming because of the added element of mystery. You can even skinny dip if you’re feeling young and rebellious. You can even enhance your pool by cracking glow sticks and dropping them into the bottom.

2. Go to a concert.

You don’t have to spend $100 on a festival ticket, you can go to a local music festival or club show and get an intimate experience that will allow you to meet artists before or after their set. You just may discover the next best up and coming musician(s).

3. Visit a farmer’s/flea market.

Local produce is the best produce. Walking through farmer’s markets is one thing you can only enjoy at this time of year in the fresh air. Also, flea markets give you the opportunity to pieces and crafts from local artists with great ideas and cute trinkets.

4. Visit all your local coffee shops.

Ohio is blessed with some of the best small business roasters and baristas in the nation. Check out all of your local shops for summer specials and classic favorites over ice.

5. Have a water balloon fight.

This could be a fun and nostalgic activity for you and your friends. It could also be used as an outlet to let out all the angst you’ve built throughout the school year or it could be payback for “that one thing” your friend “did that one time.” Either way, it’s a very healthy activity!

6. Road trip.

Go to a nearby city, park, amusement park, ice cream shop or just take a drive around your neighborhood. Nothing is more fun then playing your favorite tunes and driving around with friends. (Do not text and drive.)

7. Drive-in movie.

Though drive-in movies are hard to find these days, there are still several in Ohio worth the trip. Oftentimes, you will get two movies for one ticket and it’s a very romantic spot for you and your summer love interest. Friends can laugh together all night through these features as well.

8. Go to/ Do an open-mic.

Go watch or perform your own poetry, stand-up, monologue, etc. You may find other talented individuals in your community or discover your own set of skills!

Expand on your own personal bucket list and go beyond your comfort zone this summer. You’ll thank yourself and see your growth during the school year and beyond!

Happy Summer!

In love with jokes, comprehensive sex ed and Stephen Colbert-- (Stephen, call me!) Kent State University Class of 2020, Current Freelance Journo Follow @MaSerra8 on Twitter and email mariaserra@hercampus.com for PR pitches!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.